Terminal Statusline

Charles Sheridan
The statusline defined in .vimrc is appended to when a  Vim8/MacVim terminal loads.

Is there a way to turn this off ?

btw, the terminal feature is great !

Regards, Charles

On Monday, January 15, 2018 at 7:55:53 AM UTC-6, Kwezilomso Mhaga wrote:
> my bad, didn't read your question carefully. what do you mean?

After running Vim :terminal, the statusline from.vimrc, such as
      3-168 L3/5 C0

is appended to with a string such as:

      !bash (34) [Terminal][+-]

The appending chars on the left-side of the statusline, i.e. the part of my statusline that follows the "%<" operator, are not affected.

I'm trying to stop the print of the appending chars.

=> After now deleting successive operators from my .vimrrc statusline, I see that issue, for me, is that terminal binds its own data to the established statusline operators, e.g. %t binds to "!bash"  This is not what I want locally, so it looks like the implication form me is to write statusline entries that condition on whether the window is a terminal or not.

Charles

Re: Terminal Statusline

Kwezilomso Mhaga
On 15/01/2018 16:43, Charles Sheridan wrote:
> This is not what I want locally, so it looks like the implication form me is to write statusline entries that condition on whether the window is a terminal or not.

Yeah, I think that this is what you should do unless others have a
better idea. You could check if mode() returns t, then make the
appropriate adjustments.

--
Kind Regards,
Kwezilomso Mhaga