The Windows Key

jason heddings-2
Hello all-

I have search around and believe that I know the anser, but I thought I'd
try here, too.

I was wondering if it is possible to intercept the Windows key in vim.  Not
so much for mapping purposes, but I want to ignore it altogether.

Based on reading some previous threads, I believe the answer is 'no' due to
the fact that Windows gets that key before Vim does.  That was a response in
2001, I'm hoping it might have changed...

Thanks,
--jah

Re: The Windows Key

A.J.Mechelynck
> I have search around and believe that I know the anser, but I thought I'd
> try here, too.
>
> I was wondering if it is possible to intercept the Windows key in vim.
> Not
> so much for mapping purposes, but I want to ignore it altogether.
>
> Based on reading some previous threads, I believe the answer is 'no' due
> the fact that Windows gets that key before Vim does.  That was a response
> in
> 2001, I'm hoping it might have changed...
>
> Thanks,
> --jah

Windows does indeed get it before Vim has a chance to see it; I've seen a
keyboard-mapping utility which could remap or ignore any key (globally,
regardless of which application has the focus), but alas, I seem to be
unable to lay hands on it again, though I'd like to: since I have no
right-Ctrl key on this laptop, I'd be interested in mapping the
right-Windows key (menu key) to Ctrl.