The list is back up!

Noel Henson
Sorry for the long absence. Some creative hacker from somewhere figured out
a way to SPAM others via VimOutliner.org. This broke both the email and
mailman. It took a long time to undo the damage and lock down the system,
well, it took a long time given my copious amounts of spare time. :)

But the list seems to be back up and running. Enjoy!

Noel

Re: The list is back up!

David J Patrick-2
Noel Henson wrote:
> Sorry for the long absence. Some creative hacker from somewhere figured out
> a way to SPAM others via VimOutliner.org. This broke both the email and
> mailman. It took a long time to undo the damage and lock down the system,
> well, it took a long time given my copious amounts of spare time. :)
>
> But the list seems to be back up and running. Enjoy!
>
> Noel

and here I thought it was me and my stoopid ideas, or vimoutliner had
suddenly gone hard out of fashion!
djp

Re: The list is back up!

Noel Henson
Sorry for the extra noise that is being sent out. When I restored the
system, some old messages appear to be tagging along.

Noel

On Thursday 27 August 2009, Noel Henson wrote:
> Sorry for the long absence. Some creative hacker from somewhere figured
> out a way to SPAM others via VimOutliner.org. This broke both the email
> and mailman. It took a long time to undo the damage and lock down the
> system, well, it took a long time given my copious amounts of spare
> time. :)
>
> But the list seems to be back up and running. Enjoy!
>
> Noel

Re: The list is back up!

Noel Henson
On Thursday 27 August 2009, David J Patrick wrote:

> Noel Henson wrote:
> > Sorry for the long absence. Some creative hacker from somewhere
> > figured out a way to SPAM others via VimOutliner.org. This broke both
> > the email and mailman. It took a long time to undo the damage and lock
> > down the system, well, it took a long time given my copious amounts of
> > spare time. :)
> >
> > But the list seems to be back up and running. Enjoy!
> >
> > Noel
>
> and here I thought it was me and my stoopid ideas, or vimoutliner had
> suddenly gone hard out of fashion!
> djp

Not at all. But since the list was down, I couldn't notify anyone.
Hopefully the list will be all updated in an hour or so.

Noel