Transfer vim to other distro

tasmo
Hello all,
until now I thought to transfer the hole vim-setup (plugins + Wiki) in Linux, is easy done, by just copy the .vimrc, .vim and wiki-folder to the home of the other mashine and distro. The first time I did–in Linuxmint– it worked fine. But now, doing so with dietpi (arm-raspberryPi-distro) the wiki does't work proper. So I tryed the same thing to for testing-reason, with a Knoppix-Distro, it also did not do the job. Also in both cases the colorchange of the cursor in different modes happens only after the first aktion in the new mode. For example after having changed to insert-mode it needs first a keystroke, until it the wished color appears. In normal-mode it is of course more annoying.

let &t_SI = "\<Esc>]12;yellow\x7"  " insert-mode
let &t_SR = "\<Esc>]12;blue\x7"    " overwrite-mode
let &t_EI = "\<Esc>]12;red\x7"     " normal-mode

What could be the reason?
How to solve?

Thanks

Behappy

tasmo

Re: Transfer vim to other distro

Shlomi Fish-2
Hi Tasmo,

On Sat, 20 Jan 2018 10:21:21 -0800 (PST)
Jo Tasmo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all,
> until now I thought to transfer the hole vim-setup (plugins + Wiki) in Linux,
> is easy done, by just copy the .vimrc, .vim and wiki-folder to the home of
> the other mashine and distro. The first time I did–in Linuxmint– it worked
> fine. But now, doing so with dietpi (arm-raspberryPi-distro) the wiki does't
> work proper. So I tryed the same thing to for testing-reason, with a
> Knoppix-Distro, it also did not do the job. Also in both cases the
> colorchange of the cursor in different modes happens only after the first
> aktion in the new mode. For example after having changed to insert-mode it
> needs first a keystroke, until it the wished color appears. In normal-mode it
> is of course more annoying.

you should keep your vim config inside a VCS repo, see e,g:

*
https://github.com/search?q=dotfiles&type=Everything&repo=&langOverride=&start_value=1

* https://github.com/shlomif/shlomif-computer-settings/

> let &t_SI = "\<Esc>]12;yellow\x7"  " insert-mode
> let &t_SR = "\<Esc>]12;blue\x7"    " overwrite-mode
> let &t_EI = "\<Esc>]12;red\x7"     " normal-mode
>
> What could be the reason?
> How to solve?
>
> Thanks
>
> Behappy
>
> tasmo

Re: Transfer vim to other distro

tasmo
Thanks for now. Had no free time yet to check it (compled) out