Quantcast

Trouble building Huge Vim8 on CentOS 7

Mun-4
Hi,

I'm trying to configure vim8 on a fresh CentOS7.3 installation with the
following configure command:

$ configure --with-features=huge --enable-perlinterp --enable-pythoninterp --enable-gui

However, configure doesn't seems to think I have GUI support on the
system:

Excerpt from vim/src/auto/config.log:

checking if X11 header files can be found... no
checking --enable-gui argument... no GUI support
checking X11/SM/SMlib.h usability... no
checking X11/SM/SMlib.h presence... no
checking for X11/SM/SMlib.h... no

I have installed the following additional packages:

   libX11-devel.x86_64
   gtk3-devel.x86_64
   libX11-devel.i686
   gtk3-devel.i686

My LD_LIBRARY_PATH is exported as follows:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/lib:/lib64:/usr/lib64:/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib64:/usr/local/lib

I believe that should cover where the libs are being stored.  This is the
first time I'm attempting to build on CentOS7, so I don't know what I may be
missing.

Mun

Re: Trouble building Huge Vim8 on CentOS 7

Mun-4
Hi,

See update below ...

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 02:09 PM PDT, Mun E-Lists wrote:
M> Hi,
M>
M> I'm trying to configure vim8 on a fresh CentOS7.3 installation with the
M> following configure command:
M>
M> $ configure --with-features=huge --enable-perlinterp --enable-pythoninterp --enable-gui
M>
M> However, configure doesn't seems to think I have GUI support on the
M> system:
M>
M> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
M> Excerpt from vim/src/auto/config.log:
M>
M> checking if X11 header files can be found... no
M> checking --enable-gui argument... no GUI support
M> checking X11/SM/SMlib.h usability... no
M> checking X11/SM/SMlib.h presence... no
M> checking for X11/SM/SMlib.h... no

I tried to find a yum package that provides SMlib.h, but my system said:
"No matches found".  Sigh.

Mun

--
Mun

Re: Trouble building Huge Vim8 on CentOS 7

L A Walsh
Mun wrote:
> I tried to find a yum package that provides SMlib.h, but my system said:
> "No matches found".  Sigh.

----
    I found I had to create my own reverse index of packages in my
distro to find files.

basically a:
  "rpm -qpl path-to-pkg/pkg.rpm   > path-to-rpmlist/pkg.rpm.lst"
for each rpm in my distro (so each rpm file list ends up in a
different file).

It's the only way to find a file that I've found.  It's 550Meg
of just rpm-file lists.  That said, how to find files in your
distro, isn't really a 'vim question', but a question for
people who know how to find things in your distro.

Dunno if it is helpful, but in suse13.2, it's in libSM-devel.