Troubleshooting install

Kellen Andrilenas
Hello everyone,

Where do you think I should start to troubleshoot my VO installation?
What parts are critical to the installation?  I added the three lines to
the _vimrc file and edited the .vim file that had the ' . ' in it.
Although the dot wasn't on the third from the last line.  I put the
files into the right folders in the vimfiles folder.

What do you think?

-Kellen

Re: Troubleshooting install

Ned Konz
Kellen Andrilenas wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Where do you think I should start to troubleshoot my VO installation?
> What parts are critical to the installation?  I added the three lines to
> the _vimrc file and edited the .vim file that had the ' . ' in it.
> Although the dot wasn't on the third from the last line.  I put the
> files into the right folders in the vimfiles folder.
>
> What do you think?

I've been using the attached vim script to diagnose installation
problems with my own Vim Outliner (TVO (see
http://bike-nomad.com/vim/vimoutliner.html), not Vimoutliner). It grabs
lots of settings information so that people can send it to me.

Its output is very verbose, but I've found it helpful.

Perhaps it'll help.

Enjoy,
--
Ned Konz
[hidden email]

" Very verbose verification of various VIM variables
e dummy.otl
redir! >vimsettings.txt
silent set
silent ver
silent set all
silent let
silent map
silent function
silent au
redir END

if has("win32")
        let $LS="dir"
        let $LSLR="dir /s"
else
        let $LS="ls -l"
        let $LSLR="ls -lR"
endif

e! vimsettings.txt
$
--- $VIM
.
exe expand("silent! r ! $LS $VIM")
--- $VIMRUNTIME
.
exe expand("silent! r ! $LS $VIMRUNTIME")
--- $VIM/vimrc
.
exe expand("silent! r $VIM/vimrc")
--- $VIM/gvimrc
.
exe expand("silent! r $VIM/gvimrc")
--- $HOME/.vimrc
.
exe expand("silent! r $HOME/.vimrc")
--- $HOME/.gvimrc
.
exe expand("silent! r $HOME/.gvimrc")
--- $HOME/.vim
.
exe expand("silent! r ! $LSLR $HOME/.vim")
q!