Typo/mistake in insert.txt?

Ethan Hereth
All,

I am pretty sure there is a mistake in insert.txt at line 639 (at least it's there on the version I just checked on github) where it explains the insert mode completion commands. It says "All these (except 2) are done in CTRL-X mode." I think that this should say "except 13"? Or, am I misunderstanding something?

I'm thrilled to make a pull request for this if desired; but it's a simple change.

I love vim; thanks for the fantastic editor!

Ethan Alan

Re: Typo/mistake in insert.txt?

Antony Scriven-3
Hi!

On May 30, Ethan Hereth wrote:

 > I am pretty sure there is a mistake in insert.txt at line
 > 639 (at least it's there on the version I just checked on
 > github) where it explains the insert mode completion
 > commands. It says "All these (except 2) are done in
 > CTRL-X mode." I think that this should say "except 13"?
 > Or, am I misunderstanding something?

I think it means 'all except two of them,' i.e. CTRL-N and
CTRL-P. --Antony

Ethan Hereth wrote:

> I am pretty sure there is a mistake in insert.txt at line 639 (at least
> it's there on the version I just checked on github) where it explains the
> insert mode completion commands. It says "All these (except 2) are done in
> CTRL-X mode." I think that this should say "except 13"? Or, am I
> misunderstanding something?
>
> I'm thrilled to make a pull request for this if desired; but it's a simple
> change.

With "2" is meant CTRL-N and CTRL-P.  It's a bit confusing, I'll just
mention those instead of the count.

--
The word "leader" is derived from the word "lead", as in the material that
bullets are made out of.  The term "leader" was popularized at about the same