UTL plugin query

Samuel Wright
Hi All,

I'm using the UTL plugin to navigate local files. I have a markdown
formatted file (which should not affect things), and a list of files
in a directory

* file.txt
* other.txt

When the cursor is on one of the files, <leader>gu opens it, which is
the desired effect. However sometimes it is opened in the current
window, and sometimes the window is split. I can't seem to find why
this happens, but it seems file dependent.

Any help?

Sam

Re: UTL plugin query

Thomas-4-2
> * file.txt
> * other.txt

Why not simply use gf in such a situation? The (shameless plug) viki
plugin also provides advanced hyperlinking facilities.

Thomas.

Re: UTL plugin query

Stefan Bittner-2
Hi, Sam,

On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 11:27:33AM +0000, Samuel Wright wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm using the UTL plugin to navigate local files. I have a markdown
> formatted file (which should not affect things), and a list of files
> in a directory
>
> * file.txt
> * other.txt
>
> When the cursor is on one of the files, <leader>gu opens it, which is
> the desired effect. However sometimes it is opened in the current
> window, and sometimes the window is split. I can't seem to find why
> this happens, but it seems file dependent.

Supposably the file containing these two references is modified!?

\gu opens in the current window unless the current buffer cannot
be abandoned ( see <URL:vimhelp:abandon> ). This is a feature, in
order to avoid annoying "No write since last change" vim messages
( see <URL:vimhelp:E37> ).

If interested, see utl.vim, lines 785 - 791, for the code that
handles this behaviour. You can just remove these lines if you do
not like this "smart open" feature.

> Any help?
>
> Sam

HTH,