Uganda visit report

Bram Moolenaar

Hello Vimmers,

I have visited Vim's charity project in June. I finally had time to
finish writing my report and organise the pictures.  You can find it
here: http://www.iccf.nl/news.html

It has links to the photo album and a short video.

84. Books in your bookcase bear the names Bongo, WinSock and Inside OLE

Re: Uganda visit report

Tony Mechelynck
On Fri, Aug 10, 2018 at 4:45 PM, Bram Moolenaar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Vimmers,
>
> I have visited Vim's charity project in June. I finally had time to
> finish writing my report and organise the pictures.  You can find it
> here: http://www.iccf.nl/news.html
>
> It has links to the photo album and a short video.

Good news, on the average, though "not everyone can afford to boil
water" and "the solar [electricity] system is too expensive to fix"
distress me a little. I hope access to cooking heat will improve once
the new electric installation is approved and electricity from outside
(less expensive than running a generator) can be brought even to the
existing generator shed.

Two thousand pupils in one high school is quite a lot: I'm told the
one where I went in Brussels in 1961-1967 had (at the time) something
like one thousand, and it was not a small one; though I'm told
attendance has increased now that it is coeducational (in my time it
was a "boys only" school, except at both ends of the curriculum: in
kindergarten and in the "special math" class for students having
completed Latin-Greek humanities who wanted –or whose parents wanted
them– to enter some "scientific" university faculty) (The Head was at
that time a hellenist, which explains why Latin-Greek was regarded as
tops).