Update Vim to 7.4.516 and fix black bars on the top and bottom of Vim window in native full screen mode on Yosemite

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Update Vim to 7.4.516 and fix black bars on the top and bottom of Vim window in native full screen mode on Yosemite

Limin Tang
Did two things:

1. Merge Vim patches 7.4.384-516 to MacVim.
2. Fix black bars on the top and bottom of Vim window in native full
screen mode on Yosemite. The fix is changing full-screen animation
time from 0.5*duration to duration in
startCustomAnimationToEnterFullScreenWithDuration:(NSTimeInterval)duration.

--
Best regards,

Limin

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_mac" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_mac" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

macvim-update.tar.bz2 (118K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Update Vim to 7.4.516 and fix black bars on the top and bottom of Vim window in native full screen mode on Yosemite

Nick Tarleton
What should I apply this patch to? When I apply it to the latest commit fd916f5 from https://github.com/b4winckler/macvim, I get an error about a missing crypt.c.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_mac" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_mac" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Update Vim to 7.4.516 and fix black bars on the top and bottom of Vim window in native full screen mode on Yosemite

Limin Tang
On Monday, December 1, 2014 10:37:18 AM UTC-8, Nick Tarleton wrote:
> What should I apply this patch to? When I apply it to the latest commit fd916f5 from https://github.com/b4winckler/macvim, I get an error about a missing crypt.c.

Sorry, forget to add new files in previous patch. I attached a new patch. I tested this patch, it should work. :)

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_mac" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_mac" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

macvim-update2.tar.bz2 (164K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Update Vim to 7.4.516 and fix black bars on the top and bottom of Vim window in native full screen mode on Yosemite

Andrew Stewart
On 3 Dec 2014, at 00:56, Limin Tang <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Sorry, forget to add new files in previous patch. I attached a new patch. I tested this patch, it should work. :)

I tried to apply this patch to MacVim @ fd916f5 using Homebrew but it failed.  However it applies cleanly to a raw checkout of MacVim.  Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong with Homebrew?

The patch applied cleanly like this:

$ git clone https://github.com/b4winckler/macvim.git
$ cd macvim
$ patch -p1 < 0001-Update-to-Vim-7.4.540-and-fix-black-bars-on-the-top-.patch

But failed with Homebrew:

$ brew update
$ brew edit macvim
- insert "patch :DATA" above "def install"
- append __END__ to bottom of file
- past the patch to bottom of file
$ brew install -v --debug macvim --HEAD
/usr/local/Library/brew.rb (Formulary::StandardLoader): loading /usr/local/Library/Formula/macvim.rb
/usr/local/Library/brew.rb (Formulary::StandardLoader): loading /usr/local/Library/Formula/cscope.rb
/usr/local/Library/Homebrew/build.rb (Formulary::FromPathLoader): loading /usr/local/Library/Formula/macvim.rb
/usr/local/Library/Homebrew/build.rb (Formulary::StandardLoader): loading /usr/local/Library/Formula/cscope.rb
/usr/local/Library/Homebrew/build.rb (Formulary::StandardLoader): loading /usr/local/Library/Formula/git.rb
/usr/local/Library/Homebrew/build.rb (Formulary::StandardLoader): loading /usr/local/Library/Formula/python.rb
==> Cloning https://github.com/b4winckler/macvim.git
git --git-dir /Library/Caches/Homebrew/macvim--git/.git status -s
Updating /Library/Caches/Homebrew/macvim--git
git config remote.origin.url https://github.com/b4winckler/macvim.git
git config remote.origin.fetch +refs/heads/master:refs/remotes/origin/master
git fetch origin
git checkout -f master --
Already on 'master'
git reset --hard origin/master
HEAD is now at fd916f5 Fix background color of active tab for Yosemite
==> Checking out branch master
git checkout-index -a -f --prefix=/private/tmp/macvim-JV4xVQ/
==> Patching
patching file Filelist
patching file nsis/gvim.nsi
patching file runtime/doc/autocmd.txt
patching file runtime/doc/diff.txt
patching file runtime/doc/editing.txt
patching file runtime/doc/eval.txt
patching file runtime/doc/helphelp.txt
patching file runtime/doc/index.txt
patching file runtime/doc/options.txt
patching file runtime/doc/spell.txt
patching file runtime/doc/tabpage.txt
patching file runtime/doc/various.txt
patching file runtime/doc/windows.txt
patching file runtime/plugin/matchparen.vim
patching file runtime/vimrc_example.vim
patching file src/INSTALLpc.txt
patching file src/MacVim/MMWindowController.m
patching file src/Make_bc3.mak
patching file src/Make_bc5.mak
patching file src/Make_cyg.mak
patching file src/Make_dice.mak
patching file src/Make_djg.mak
patching file src/Make_ivc.mak
patching file src/Make_manx.mak
patching file src/Make_ming.mak
patching file src/Make_morph.mak
patching file src/Make_mvc.mak
patching file src/Make_os2.mak
patching file src/Make_sas.mak
patching file src/Makefile
patching file src/auto/configure
patching file src/blowfish.c
patching file src/buffer.c
patching file src/charset.c
patching file src/config.h.in
patching file src/config.mk.in
patching file src/configure.in
patching file src/crypt.c
patching file src/crypt_zip.c
patching file src/diff.c
patching file src/edit.c
patching file src/eval.c
patching file src/ex_cmds.c
patching file src/ex_cmds.h
patching file src/ex_cmds2.c
patching file src/ex_docmd.c
patching file src/ex_getln.c
patching file src/feature.h
patching file src/fileio.c
patching file src/getchar.c
patching file src/globals.h
patching file src/gui_beval.c
patching file src/gui_dwrite.cpp
patching file src/gui_dwrite.h
patching file src/gui_w32.c
patching file src/gui_w48.c
patching file src/hardcopy.c
patching file src/if_py_both.h
patching file src/if_ruby.c
patching file src/macros.h
patching file src/main.c
patching file src/mbyte.c
patching file src/memline.c
patching file src/misc1.c
patching file src/misc2.c
patching file src/move.c
patching file src/normal.c
patching file src/ops.c
patching file src/option.c
patching file src/option.h
patching file src/os_mswin.c
patching file src/os_unix.c
patching file src/os_vms.c
patching file src/os_win32.c
patching file src/po/sjiscorr.c
patching file src/proto.h
patching file src/proto/blowfish.pro
patching file src/proto/crypt.pro
patching file src/proto/crypt_zip.pro
patching file src/proto/diff.pro
patching file src/proto/ex_cmds.pro
patching file src/proto/fileio.pro
patching file src/proto/getchar.pro
patching file src/proto/gui_w32.pro
patching file src/proto/misc2.pro
patching file src/proto/option.pro
patching file src/proto/os_mswin.pro
patching file src/proto/regexp.pro
patching file src/proto/term.pro
patching file src/proto/ui.pro
patching file src/regexp.c
patching file src/regexp.h
patching file src/regexp_nfa.c
patching file src/screen.c
patching file src/search.c
patching file src/spell.c
patching file src/structs.h
patching file src/syntax.c
patching file src/term.c
patching file src/testdir/Make_amiga.mak
patching file src/testdir/Make_dos.mak
patching file src/testdir/Make_ming.mak
patching file src/testdir/Make_os2.mak
patching file src/testdir/Make_vms.mms
patching file src/testdir/Makefile
patching file src/testdir/test100.in
patching file src/testdir/test101.in
patching file src/testdir/test101.ok
patching file src/testdir/test102.in
patching file src/testdir/test11.in
patching file src/testdir/test3.in
patching file src/testdir/test3.ok
patching file src/testdir/test39.in
patching file src/testdir/test4.in
patching file src/testdir/test4.ok
patching file src/testdir/test55.in
patching file src/testdir/test55.ok
patching file src/testdir/test63.in
patching file src/testdir/test63.ok
patching file src/testdir/test64.in
patching file src/testdir/test64.ok
patching file src/testdir/test71.in
patching file src/testdir/test71.ok
Hunk #1 FAILED at 4.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file src/testdir/test71.ok.rej
patching file src/testdir/test71a.in
Hunk #1 succeeded at 12 with fuzz 2.
patching file src/testdir/test72.in
patching file src/testdir/test72.ok
patching file src/testdir/test75.in
patching file src/testdir/test86.in
patching file src/testdir/test87.in
patching file src/testdir/test91.in
patching file src/testdir/test91.ok
patching file src/testdir/test_argument_count.in
patching file src/testdir/test_argument_count.ok
patching file src/testdir/test_breakindent.in
patching file src/testdir/test_breakindent.ok
patching file src/testdir/test_changelist.in
patching file src/testdir/test_changelist.ok
patching file src/testdir/test_close_count.in
patching file src/testdir/test_close_count.ok
patching file src/testdir/test_insertcount.in
patching file src/testdir/test_insertcount.ok
patching file src/testdir/test_listlbr.in
patching file src/testdir/test_listlbr.ok
patching file src/testdir/test_listlbr_utf8.in
patching file src/testdir/test_listlbr_utf8.ok
Hunk #1 FAILED at 12.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file src/testdir/test_listlbr_utf8.ok.rej
patching file src/testdir/test_mapping.in
patching file src/testdir/test_mapping.ok
patching file src/testdir/test_signs.in
patching file src/testdir/test_signs.ok
patching file src/testdir/test_utf8.in
patching file src/testdir/test_utf8.ok
patching file src/testdir/test_writefile.in
patching file src/testdir/test_writefile.ok
patching file src/ui.c
patching file src/undo.c
patching file src/version.c
patching file src/vim.h
patching file src/window.c
Error: Failure while executing: /usr/bin/patch -g 0 -f -p1
/usr/local/Library/Homebrew/patch.rb:71:in `apply'
/usr/local/Library/Homebrew/formulary.rb:65:in `to_proc'
/usr/local/Library/Homebrew/formula.rb:639:in `each'
/usr/local/Library/Homebrew/formula.rb:639:in `patch'
/usr/local/Library/Homebrew/formula.rb:281:in `brew'
/usr/local/Library/Homebrew/formula.rb:623:in `stage'
/usr/local/Library/Homebrew/resource.rb:66:in `unpack'
/usr/local/Library/Homebrew/extend/fileutils.rb:21:in `mktemp'
/usr/local/Library/Homebrew/resource.rb:63:in `unpack'
/usr/local/Library/Homebrew/resource.rb:56:in `stage'
/usr/local/Library/Homebrew/formula.rb:621:in `stage'
/usr/local/Library/Homebrew/formula.rb:279:in `brew'
/usr/local/Library/Homebrew/build.rb:117:in `install'
/usr/local/Library/Homebrew/build.rb:186

Thanks in advance,

Andy Stewart

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_mac" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_mac" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Update Vim to 7.4.516 and fix black bars on the top and bottom of Vim window in native full screen mode on Yosemite

Limin Tang
On Thursday, December 4, 2014 6:17:41 AM UTC-8, Andrew Stewart wrote:

> On 3 Dec 2014, at 00:56, Limin Tang <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Sorry, forget to add new files in previous patch. I attached a new patch. I tested this patch, it should work. :)
>
> I tried to apply this patch to MacVim @ fd916f5 using Homebrew but it failed.  However it applies cleanly to a raw checkout of MacVim.  Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong with Homebrew?
>
> The patch applied cleanly like this:
>
> $ git clone https://github.com/b4winckler/macvim.git
> $ cd macvim
> $ patch -p1 < 0001-Update-to-Vim-7.4.540-and-fix-black-bars-on-the-top-.patch
>
> But failed with Homebrew:
>
> $ brew update
> $ brew edit macvim
> - insert "patch :DATA" above "def install"
> - append __END__ to bottom of file
> - past the patch to bottom of file
> $ brew install -v --debug macvim --HEAD
> /usr/local/Library/brew.rb (Formulary::StandardLoader): loading /usr/local/Library/Formula/macvim.rb
> /usr/local/Library/brew.rb (Formulary::StandardLoader): loading /usr/local/Library/Formula/cscope.rb
> /usr/local/Library/Homebrew/build.rb (Formulary::FromPathLoader): loading /usr/local/Library/Formula/macvim.rb
> /usr/local/Library/Homebrew/build.rb (Formulary::StandardLoader): loading /usr/local/Library/Formula/cscope.rb
> /usr/local/Library/Homebrew/build.rb (Formulary::StandardLoader): loading /usr/local/Library/Formula/git.rb
> /usr/local/Library/Homebrew/build.rb (Formulary::StandardLoader): loading /usr/local/Library/Formula/python.rb
> ==> Cloning https://github.com/b4winckler/macvim.git
> git --git-dir /Library/Caches/Homebrew/macvim--git/.git status -s
> Updating /Library/Caches/Homebrew/macvim--git
> git config remote.origin.url https://github.com/b4winckler/macvim.git
> git config remote.origin.fetch +refs/heads/master:refs/remotes/origin/master
> git fetch origin
> git checkout -f master --
> Already on 'master'
> git reset --hard origin/master
> HEAD is now at fd916f5 Fix background color of active tab for Yosemite
> ==> Checking out branch master
> git checkout-index -a -f --prefix=/private/tmp/macvim-JV4xVQ/
> ==> Patching
> patching file Filelist
> patching file nsis/gvim.nsi
> patching file runtime/doc/autocmd.txt
> patching file runtime/doc/diff.txt
> patching file runtime/doc/editing.txt
> patching file runtime/doc/eval.txt
> patching file runtime/doc/helphelp.txt
> patching file runtime/doc/index.txt
> patching file runtime/doc/options.txt
> patching file runtime/doc/spell.txt
> patching file runtime/doc/tabpage.txt
> patching file runtime/doc/various.txt
> patching file runtime/doc/windows.txt
> patching file runtime/plugin/matchparen.vim
> patching file runtime/vimrc_example.vim
> patching file src/INSTALLpc.txt
> patching file src/MacVim/MMWindowController.m
> patching file src/Make_bc3.mak
> patching file src/Make_bc5.mak
> patching file src/Make_cyg.mak
> patching file src/Make_dice.mak
> patching file src/Make_djg.mak
> patching file src/Make_ivc.mak
> patching file src/Make_manx.mak
> patching file src/Make_ming.mak
> patching file src/Make_morph.mak
> patching file src/Make_mvc.mak
> patching file src/Make_os2.mak
> patching file src/Make_sas.mak
> patching file src/Makefile
> patching file src/auto/configure
> patching file src/blowfish.c
> patching file src/buffer.c
> patching file src/charset.c
> patching file src/config.h.in
> patching file src/config.mk.in
> patching file src/configure.in
> patching file src/crypt.c
> patching file src/crypt_zip.c
> patching file src/diff.c
> patching file src/edit.c
> patching file src/eval.c
> patching file src/ex_cmds.c
> patching file src/ex_cmds.h
> patching file src/ex_cmds2.c
> patching file src/ex_docmd.c
> patching file src/ex_getln.c
> patching file src/feature.h
> patching file src/fileio.c
> patching file src/getchar.c
> patching file src/globals.h
> patching file src/gui_beval.c
> patching file src/gui_dwrite.cpp
> patching file src/gui_dwrite.h
> patching file src/gui_w32.c
> patching file src/gui_w48.c
> patching file src/hardcopy.c
> patching file src/if_py_both.h
> patching file src/if_ruby.c
> patching file src/macros.h
> patching file src/main.c
> patching file src/mbyte.c
> patching file src/memline.c
> patching file src/misc1.c
> patching file src/misc2.c
> patching file src/move.c
> patching file src/normal.c
> patching file src/ops.c
> patching file src/option.c
> patching file src/option.h
> patching file src/os_mswin.c
> patching file src/os_unix.c
> patching file src/os_vms.c
> patching file src/os_win32.c
> patching file src/po/sjiscorr.c
> patching file src/proto.h
> patching file src/proto/blowfish.pro
> patching file src/proto/crypt.pro
> patching file src/proto/crypt_zip.pro
> patching file src/proto/diff.pro
> patching file src/proto/ex_cmds.pro
> patching file src/proto/fileio.pro
> patching file src/proto/getchar.pro
> patching file src/proto/gui_w32.pro
> patching file src/proto/misc2.pro
> patching file src/proto/option.pro
> patching file src/proto/os_mswin.pro
> patching file src/proto/regexp.pro
> patching file src/proto/term.pro
> patching file src/proto/ui.pro
> patching file src/regexp.c
> patching file src/regexp.h
> patching file src/regexp_nfa.c
> patching file src/screen.c
> patching file src/search.c
> patching file src/spell.c
> patching file src/structs.h
> patching file src/syntax.c
> patching file src/term.c
> patching file src/testdir/Make_amiga.mak
> patching file src/testdir/Make_dos.mak
> patching file src/testdir/Make_ming.mak
> patching file src/testdir/Make_os2.mak
> patching file src/testdir/Make_vms.mms
> patching file src/testdir/Makefile
> patching file src/testdir/test100.in
> patching file src/testdir/test101.in
> patching file src/testdir/test101.ok
> patching file src/testdir/test102.in
> patching file src/testdir/test11.in
> patching file src/testdir/test3.in
> patching file src/testdir/test3.ok
> patching file src/testdir/test39.in
> patching file src/testdir/test4.in
> patching file src/testdir/test4.ok
> patching file src/testdir/test55.in
> patching file src/testdir/test55.ok
> patching file src/testdir/test63.in
> patching file src/testdir/test63.ok
> patching file src/testdir/test64.in
> patching file src/testdir/test64.ok
> patching file src/testdir/test71.in
> patching file src/testdir/test71.ok
> Hunk #1 FAILED at 4.
> 1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file src/testdir/test71.ok.rej
> patching file src/testdir/test71a.in
> Hunk #1 succeeded at 12 with fuzz 2.
> patching file src/testdir/test72.in
> patching file src/testdir/test72.ok
> patching file src/testdir/test75.in
> patching file src/testdir/test86.in
> patching file src/testdir/test87.in
> patching file src/testdir/test91.in
> patching file src/testdir/test91.ok
> patching file src/testdir/test_argument_count.in
> patching file src/testdir/test_argument_count.ok
> patching file src/testdir/test_breakindent.in
> patching file src/testdir/test_breakindent.ok
> patching file src/testdir/test_changelist.in
> patching file src/testdir/test_changelist.ok
> patching file src/testdir/test_close_count.in
> patching file src/testdir/test_close_count.ok
> patching file src/testdir/test_insertcount.in
> patching file src/testdir/test_insertcount.ok
> patching file src/testdir/test_listlbr.in
> patching file src/testdir/test_listlbr.ok
> patching file src/testdir/test_listlbr_utf8.in
> patching file src/testdir/test_listlbr_utf8.ok
> Hunk #1 FAILED at 12.
> 1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file src/testdir/test_listlbr_utf8.ok.rej
> patching file src/testdir/test_mapping.in
> patching file src/testdir/test_mapping.ok
> patching file src/testdir/test_signs.in
> patching file src/testdir/test_signs.ok
> patching file src/testdir/test_utf8.in
> patching file src/testdir/test_utf8.ok
> patching file src/testdir/test_writefile.in
> patching file src/testdir/test_writefile.ok
> patching file src/ui.c
> patching file src/undo.c
> patching file src/version.c
> patching file src/vim.h
> patching file src/window.c
> Error: Failure while executing: /usr/bin/patch -g 0 -f -p1
> /usr/local/Library/Homebrew/patch.rb:71:in `apply'
> /usr/local/Library/Homebrew/formulary.rb:65:in `to_proc'
> /usr/local/Library/Homebrew/formula.rb:639:in `each'
> /usr/local/Library/Homebrew/formula.rb:639:in `patch'
> /usr/local/Library/Homebrew/formula.rb:281:in `brew'
> /usr/local/Library/Homebrew/formula.rb:623:in `stage'
> /usr/local/Library/Homebrew/resource.rb:66:in `unpack'
> /usr/local/Library/Homebrew/extend/fileutils.rb:21:in `mktemp'
> /usr/local/Library/Homebrew/resource.rb:63:in `unpack'
> /usr/local/Library/Homebrew/resource.rb:56:in `stage'
> /usr/local/Library/Homebrew/formula.rb:621:in `stage'
> /usr/local/Library/Homebrew/formula.rb:279:in `brew'
> /usr/local/Library/Homebrew/build.rb:117:in `install'
> /usr/local/Library/Homebrew/build.rb:186
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Andy Stewart
Patching to src/testdir/test_listlbr_utf8.ok failed on Homebrew. You can take a look of src/testdir/test_listlbr_utf8.ok.rej to see why the patch is rejected.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_mac" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_mac" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Update Vim to 7.4.516 and fix black bars on the top and bottom of Vim window in native full screen mode on Yosemite

Andrew Stewart
On 5 Dec 2014, at 03:04, Limin Tang <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Patching to src/testdir/test_listlbr_utf8.ok failed on Homebrew. You can take a look of src/testdir/test_listlbr_utf8.ok.rej to see why the patch is rejected.

Thanks for the response but you're just restating my post.

Anyway this is a Homebrew question and off-topic here.  (For reference I've opened an issue here: https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew/issues/34698)

Cheers,
Andy Stewart

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_mac" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_mac" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.