Urgent !! on Encryption

Varun Gupta
Hi

I have been trying the encryption option . Now i
enabled the encryption option. Suddenly the power went
off. A swap file was created. Now even when i disable
the encryption option , still i am asked for a
password. Is that because of a previous swap file or
am i doing something wrong to disable encryption.

Regards

Varun

__________________________________
Discover Yahoo!

Re: Urgent !! on Encryption

Varun Gupta
HI

Once encryption is enabled , (I added the command
'set key=varun' in .vimrc), if I want to disable it ,
simply deleting the command from .vimrc does'nt work
Plz help

Varun

--- Varun Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>

> I have been trying the encryption option . Now i
> enabled the encryption option. Suddenly the power
> went
> off. A swap file was created. Now even when i
> disable
> the encryption option , still i am asked for a
> password. Is that because of a previous swap file or
> am i doing something wrong to disable encryption.
>
> Regards
>
> Varun
>

> __________________________________
> Discover Yahoo!
> Stay in touch with email, IM, photo sharing and
> more. Check it out!
> http://discover.yahoo.com/stayintouch.html

__________________________________
Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/online.html

Re: Urgent !! on Encryption

Bram Moolenaar

Varun Gupta wrote:

> Once encryption is enabled , (I added the command
> 'set key=varun' in .vimrc), if I want to disable it ,
> simply deleting the command from .vimrc does'nt work
> Plz help

I think what you are looking for is:

        :set key=

That disables the encryption.  Then write the file and delete the old
swapfile.

8. Don't use any punctuation marks.