Use bar cursor in Insert mode, but with no blinking

Use bar cursor in Insert mode, but with no blinking

Lifepillar
Currently, I have these lines in my vimrc:

   " Show block cursor in Normal mode and line cursor in Insert mode:
   let &t_ti.="\e[1 q"
   let &t_SI.="\e[5 q"
   let &t_EI.="\e[1 q"
   let &t_te.="\e[0 q"

They have the side effect that the cursor blinks (in Normal and
Insert mode) even if blinking cursor is disabled in my terminal's
settings. Also, the cursor starts blinking in the shell after
I exit Vim, too.

Is there a way to suppress the blinking?

My setup:

macOS 10.13.5
Terminal.app or iTerm2 3.1.5
Vim 8.1.50 (installed with Homebrew)

Thanks,
Life.

Re: Use bar cursor in Insert mode, but with no blinking

David Woodfall
On Wednesday 20 June 2018 18:24,
Lifepillar <[hidden email]> put forth the proposition:

> Currently, I have these lines in my vimrc:
>
>   " Show block cursor in Normal mode and line cursor in Insert mode:
>   let &t_ti.="\e[1 q"
>   let &t_SI.="\e[5 q"
>   let &t_EI.="\e[1 q"
>   let &t_te.="\e[0 q"
>
> They have the side effect that the cursor blinks (in Normal and
> Insert mode) even if blinking cursor is disabled in my terminal's
> settings. Also, the cursor starts blinking in the shell after
> I exit Vim, too.
>
> Is there a way to suppress the blinking?
>
> My setup:
>
> macOS 10.13.5
> Terminal.app or iTerm2 3.1.5
> Vim 8.1.50 (installed with Homebrew)
>
> Thanks,
> Life.

The number after the escape \e can be from 1-6. Odd numbers blink,
even don't.

You can test in your terminal by eg: printf "\e[6 q"

-Dave

--

                                                            .--.  oo
                                                           (____)//

On 20/06/2018 23:47, David Woodfall wrote:

> On Wednesday 20 June 2018 18:24,
> Lifepillar <[hidden email]> put forth the proposition:

>> Is there a way to suppress the blinking

> The number after the escape \e can be from 1-6. Odd numbers blink,
> even don't.
>
> You can test in your terminal by eg: printf "\e[6 q"

Thanks, that works!
Someday I need to wrap my head around all those termcap codes.

Life.