Using GTD with Vimoutliner

Furash Gary
GTD has a concept of categories (places) and tasks on a "hard
landscape".  Has anyone written scripts and the like to add that to
vimoutliner?  E.g.:

1. Show me all the open tasks ( [_] ) for @Work category
2. Show me all the tasks due on the 15th not yet finished

You could do this by hand (grep, find, etc.) but it wouldn't suprize me

Re: Using GTD with Vimoutliner

Samuel Wright
On 18/05/06, Furash Gary <[hidden email]> wrote:
> GTD has a concept of categories (places) and tasks on a "hard
> landscape".  Has anyone written scripts and the like to add that to
> vimoutliner?  E.g.:

Did you get any answer for this?
Thanks

Re: Using GTD with Vimoutliner

Steve Litt
On Friday 16 February 2007 10:34, Samuel Wright wrote:
> On 18/05/06, Furash Gary <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > GTD has a concept of categories (places) and tasks on a "hard
> > landscape".  Has anyone written scripts and the like to add that to
> > vimoutliner?  E.g.:
>
> Did you get any answer for this?
> Thanks

According to my records, nobody answered him. I couldn't completely understand
the question, but it looks to me like an ad-hoc outline query system is what
is needed. Maybe an outline query language is needed, similar to SQL?

I've never used yacc or bison or any of those things -- would they be handy?

Whatever it ends up being, I'm sure Node.pm, Node.rb or Node.py will be part
of the solution.

Steve Litt
Author: Universal Troubleshooting Process books and courseware
http://www.troubleshooters.com/

Re: Using GTD with Vimoutliner

Noel Henson
On Friday 16 February 2007 10:19, Steve Litt wrote:

> On Friday 16 February 2007 10:34, Samuel Wright wrote:
> > On 18/05/06, Furash Gary <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > GTD has a concept of categories (places) and tasks on a "hard
> > > landscape".  Has anyone written scripts and the like to add that to
> > > vimoutliner?  E.g.:
> >
> > Did you get any answer for this?
> > Thanks
>
> According to my records, nobody answered him. I couldn't completely
> understand the question, but it looks to me like an ad-hoc outline query
> system is what is needed. Maybe an outline query language is needed,
> similar to SQL?
>
> I've never used yacc or bison or any of those things -- would they be
> handy?
>
> Whatever it ends up being, I'm sure Node.pm, Node.rb or Node.py will be
> part of the solution.
>
> Steve Litt

otlgrep might work for some of this. It is a regex parser. You can even
concatenate multiple otlgrep commands for detailed data extraction.

Noel

On Friday 16 February 2007 13:50, Noel Henson wrote:

> On Friday 16 February 2007 10:19, Steve Litt wrote:
> > >
> > > Did you get any answer for this?
> > > Thanks
> >
> > According to my records, nobody answered him. I couldn't completely
> > understand the question, but it looks to me like an ad-hoc outline query
> > system is what is needed. Maybe an outline query language is needed,
> > similar to SQL?
> >
> > I've never used yacc or bison or any of those things -- would they be
> > handy?
> >
> > Whatever it ends up being, I'm sure Node.pm, Node.rb or Node.py will be
> > part of the solution.
> >
> > Steve Litt
>
> otlgrep might work for some of this. It is a regex parser. You can even
> concatenate multiple otlgrep commands for detailed data extraction.
>
> Noel

Where can I read more about otlgrep?

SteveT

Steve Litt