Using Vim to manage my Browser Bookmarks for all my devices from my own server

Using Vim to manage my Browser Bookmarks for all my devices from my own server

philip_rhoades
People,

All the Browser Bookmark Manager and syncing tools etc don't do enough
of what I would like to be able to do - I have been thinking that if I
could securely share a text file for bookmarks from my Fedora Server and
be able to edit it with the server's Vim, I would have my bookmarks in a
form that I could do nearly everything I wanted to using folds, sorting
etc

I realise the biggest problem is probably security but assuming that
could be resolved, do people have suggestions about how I could get this
scenario to work?

Thanks,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades

PO Box 896
Cowra  NSW  2794
Australia
E-mail:  [hidden email]

Re: Using Vim to manage my Browser Bookmarks for all my devices from my own server - another solution

philip_rhoades
People,

On 2018-11-14 00:32, Philip Rhoades wrote:

> People,
>
> All the Browser Bookmark Manager and syncing tools etc don't do enough
> of what I would like to be able to do - I have been thinking that if I
> could securely share a text file for bookmarks from my Fedora Server
> and be able to edit it with the server's Vim, I would have my
> bookmarks in a form that I could do nearly everything I wanted to
> using folds, sorting etc
>
> I realise the biggest problem is probably security but assuming that
> could be resolved, do people have suggestions about how I could get
> this scenario to work?

Another solution would be to create a GVim app for Google Drive like
"Drive Notepad":

https://www.techgainer.com/create-edit-text-files-txt-php-etc-google-drive

? - is this actually possible?

Phil.