VIM Error messages

thomas.hertneky

I know these are not specific to 'vimoutline', but I use VIM almost
exclusively with vimoutliner
and I like the postings here best.  Plus I think you guys have big brains.

Anyway, I am getting these errors constantly, can you give me some advise
please?:

E576: viminfo: Missing '>' in line: 006.otl^@
E576: viminfo: Missing '>' in line: -'    71     7     c:\Documets and
setings............\ToDo\ToDo_2006.otl^@
E576: viminfo: Missing '>' in line: -'     1     0     c:\Documets and
setings............\ToDo\ToDo_2006.otl^@

etc.

Thank you for any help.

Tom Hertneky
Database Administrator
PNC Financial Services Group
TPS/ITS/Database Technologies Group
Phone: 412-768-9169
Pager:  412-590-2529
[hidden email]
Email: [hidden email]

The contents of this email are the property of PNC. If it was not addressed to you, you have no legal right to read it. If you think you received it in error, please notify the sender. Do not forward or copy without permission of the sender. This message may contain an advertisement of a product or service and thus may constitute a commercial electronic mail message under US Law. PNC’s postal address is 249 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15222. If you do not wish to receive any additional advertising or promotional messages from PNC at this e-mail address, click here to Unsubscribe. https://pnc.p.delivery.net/m/u/pnc/uni/p.asp By unsubscribing to this message, you will be unsubscribed from all advertising or promotional messages from PNC. Removing your e-mail address from this mailing list will not affect your subscription to alerts, e-newsletters or account servicing e-mails..

Re: VIM Error messages

Noel Henson
Tom,

Can you provide more information? What action causes the errors to happen?
Is it document dependent?

Noel

On Monday 17 July 2006 05:24, [hidden email] wrote:

> I know these are not specific to 'vimoutline', but I use VIM almost
> exclusively with vimoutliner
> and I like the postings here best.  Plus I think you guys have big
> brains.
>
> Anyway, I am getting these errors constantly, can you give me some
> advise please?:
>
> E576: viminfo: Missing '>' in line: 006.otl^@
> E576: viminfo: Missing '>' in line: -'    71     7     c:\Documets and
> setings............\ToDo\ToDo_2006.otl^@
> E576: viminfo: Missing '>' in line: -'     1     0     c:\Documets and
> setings............\ToDo\ToDo_2006.otl^@
>
> etc.
>
> Thank you for any help.
>

> Tom Hertneky
> Database Administrator
> PNC Financial Services Group
> TPS/ITS/Database Technologies Group
> Phone: 412-768-9169
> Pager:  412-590-2529
> [hidden email]
> Email: [hidden email]
>

> The contents of this email are the property of PNC. If it was not
> addressed to you, you have no legal right to read it. If you think you
> received it in error, please notify the sender. Do not forward or copy
> without permission of the sender. This message may contain an
> advertisement of a product or service and thus may constitute a
> commercial electronic mail message under US Law. PNC’s postal address is
> 249 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15222. If you do not wish to receive
> any additional advertising or promotional messages from PNC at this
> e-mail address, click here to Unsubscribe.
> message, you will be unsubscribed from all advertising or promotional
> messages from PNC. Removing your e-mail address from this mailing list
> will not affect your subscription to alerts, e-newsletters or account
> servicing e-mails.. _______________________________________________
> VimOutliner mailing list

Re: VIM Error messages

thomas.hertneky
Noel,
Thank you for your help.

First, the errors do not appear to be causing me any problems.
Everything seem to continue to work fine.

I get the errors when opening and closing files.
This includes going into help (which, I guess, is really opening a file).

It is not document dependent.  It happens all the time as far as I can see.
I do not see the errors when I am opening a new file, but when I quit out
of a new
empty file, I see them.

Thank you again,
Tom

+Tom,
+
+Can you provide more information? What action causes the errors to happen?

+Is it document dependent?
+
+Noel
+
+On Monday 17 July 2006 05:24, [hidden email] wrote:

> I know these are not specific to 'vimoutline', but I use VIM almost
> exclusively with vimoutliner
> and I like the postings here best.  Plus I think you guys have big
> brains.
>
> Anyway, I am getting these errors constantly, can you give me some
> advise please?:
>
> E576: viminfo: Missing '>' in line: 006.otl^@
> E576: viminfo: Missing '>' in line: -'    71     7     c:\Documets and
> setings............\ToDo\ToDo_2006.otl^@
> E576: viminfo: Missing '>' in line: -'     1     0     c:\Documets and
> setings............\ToDo\ToDo_2006.otl^@
>
> etc.
>
> Thank you for any help.
>

> Tom Hertneky

The contents of this email are the property of PNC. If it was not addressed to you, you have no legal right to read it. If you think you received it in error, please notify the sender. Do not forward or copy without permission of the sender. This message may contain an advertisement of a product or service and thus may constitute a commercial electronic mail message under US Law. PNC’s postal address is 249 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15222. If you do not wish to receive any additional advertising or promotional messages from PNC at this e-mail address, click here to Unsubscribe. https://pnc.p.delivery.net/m/u/pnc/uni/p.asp By unsubscribing to this message, you will be unsubscribed from all advertising or promotional messages from PNC. Removing your e-mail address from this mailing list will not affect your subscription to alerts, e-newsletters or account servicing e-mails..

Re: VIM Error messages

Steve Litt
On Monday 17 July 2006 08:24 am, [hidden email] wrote:

> I know these are not specific to 'vimoutline', but I use VIM almost
> exclusively with vimoutliner
> and I like the postings here best.  Plus I think you guys have big brains.
>
> Anyway, I am getting these errors constantly, can you give me some advise
> please?:
>
> E576: viminfo: Missing '>' in line: 006.otl^@
> E576: viminfo: Missing '>' in line: -'    71     7     c:\Documets and
> setings............\ToDo\ToDo_2006.otl^@
> E576: viminfo: Missing '>' in line: -'     1     0     c:\Documets and
> setings............\ToDo\ToDo_2006.otl^@

Hi Tom,

If your error message was cut and pasted, then in some config files you
missspelled the c:\Documents directory as c:\Documets (note the missing N).
I'd start there. Do a search (IIRC Windows has a grep equivalent) for files
containing the string Documets. Maybe search your registry for same.

HTH

SteveT

Steve Litt
Author:
   * Universal Troubleshooting Process courseware
   * Troubleshooting Techniques of the Successful Technologist
   * Manager's Guide to Technical Troubleshooting
   * Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
   * Rapid Learning: Secret Weapon of the Successful Technologist

http://www.troubleshooters.com/bookstore
http://www.troubleshooters.com/utp/tcourses.htm

Re: VIM Error messages

thomas.hertneky
Steve,
Thank you for the good advice.  I was excited too, but actually, it was not
a cut and paste.
I was not able to figure out how to do that.  So, when I typed it in the
error messages below, I misspelled
Documents.  Good catch though.

Any other thoughts would be great.

Are there any VIM files I can clean up? Like 'ini' files or the like?

On Monday 17 July 2006 08:24 am, [hidden email] wrote:
> I know these are not specific to 'vimoutline', but I use VIM almost
> exclusively with vimoutliner
> and I like the postings here best.  Plus I think you guys have big
brains.

> Anyway, I am getting these errors constantly, can you give me some advise
> please?:
>
> E576: viminfo: Missing '>' in line: 006.otl^@
> E576: viminfo: Missing '>' in line: -'    71     7     c:\Documets and
> setings............\ToDo\ToDo_2006.otl^@
> E576: viminfo: Missing '>' in line: -'     1     0     c:\Documets and
> setings............\ToDo\ToDo_2006.otl^@

+Hi Tom,
+