VIM, TCL, and TAG

a b

VIM, TCL, and TAG

a b
   Hi,

I'm having trouble using tag on tcl files in VIM. I have created the
tag
file in the base directory and it's there. I can do :tag tagname. But
can't use the ctrl-] shortcut to jump into tcl proc

The problem is that in the files I'm working with, many proc are
defined
using namespace, so they have this format:  ::ns_name::proc_name

The tag file defines path for ::ns_name::proc_name, so it works

but the ctrl-] shortcut, depending on the cursor placement, would only
search ns_name or proc_name, and so I get the tag not found error
message.

Anyway around this?

Thanks!

Re: VIM, TCL, and TAG

Nazri Ramliy
On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 12:59 AM, a b <[hidden email]> wrote:

>   Hi,
>
> I'm having trouble using tag on tcl files in VIM. I have created the
> tag
> file in the base directory and it's there. I can do :tag tagname. But
> can't use the ctrl-] shortcut to jump into tcl proc
>
> The problem is that in the files I'm working with, many proc are
> defined
> using namespace, so they have this format:  ::ns_name::proc_name
>
> The tag file defines path for ::ns_name::proc_name, so it works
>
> but the ctrl-] shortcut, depending on the cursor placement, would only
> search ns_name or proc_name, and so I get the tag not found error
> message.
>
> Anyway around this?

:help iskeyword

nazri.