Quantcast

VIM-internal colorscheme creator ?

tuxic
Hi,

as a vim user I run vim on a chrooted Linux on my Android tablet -
since no other /editor/ is preinstalled... ;) :) 8)

Since the display of that tablet is the best on earth, I would
like to tweak the colors of the colorscheme I am using.

Incrementing and decrementing integer values and reloading files
is not /that/ intuitive and I have searched for a colorscheme
editor which runs as a vim script inside vim.

The few I found were at least eight years old -- but may be I have
searched with the wrong keywords (I am no native speaker....).

Is there anything recent and useable for my purpose ?

Thank you very much for any help in advance!

Cheers
Meino

Re: VIM-internal colorscheme creator ?

Wolf Bogacz
I have used HiColors in the past. It has a number of schemes available to it, and includes an editor for fine tuning.

https://vim.sourceforge.io/scripts/script.php?script_id=1081

found with google query: 'vim colorscheme editor'

On Sat, Mar 18, 2017 at 1:49 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

as a vim user I run vim on a chrooted Linux on my Android tablet -
since no other /editor/ is preinstalled... ;) :) 8)

Since the display of that tablet is the best on earth, I would
like to tweak the colors of the colorscheme I am using.

Incrementing and decrementing integer values and reloading files
is not /that/ intuitive and I have searched for a colorscheme
editor which runs as a vim script inside vim.

The few I found were at least eight years old -- but may be I have
searched with the wrong keywords (I am no native speaker....).

Is there anything recent and useable for my purpose ?

Thank you very much for any help in advance!

Cheers
Meino

Re: VIM-internal colorscheme creator ?

tuxic
Hi,

thanks for search, Wolf.
I found this one too...last update 11 year ago.
See my initial mail.

Cheers
Meino

On 03/18 05:37, Wolf Bogacz wrote:

> I have used HiColors in the past. It has a number of schemes available to
> it, and includes an editor for fine tuning.
>
> https://vim.sourceforge.io/scripts/script.php?script_id=1081
>
> found with google query: 'vim colorscheme editor'
>
> On Sat, Mar 18, 2017 at 1:49 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > as a vim user I run vim on a chrooted Linux on my Android tablet -
> > since no other /editor/ is preinstalled... ;) :) 8)
> >
> > Since the display of that tablet is the best on earth, I would
> > like to tweak the colors of the colorscheme I am using.
> >
> > Incrementing and decrementing integer values and reloading files
> > is not /that/ intuitive and I have searched for a colorscheme
> > editor which runs as a vim script inside vim.
> >
> > The few I found were at least eight years old -- but may be I have
> > searched with the wrong keywords (I am no native speaker....).
> >
> > Is there anything recent and useable for my purpose ?
> >
> > Thank you very much for any help in advance!
> >
> > Cheers
> > Meino
> >

> > --
> > --
> >
> > ---
> > email to [hidden email].

> ---

Re: VIM-internal colorscheme creator ?

romainlafourcade
> thanks for search, Wolf.
> I found this one too...last update 11 year ago.
> See my initial mail.

Did you even try it before dismissing it as "too old"?

Re: VIM-internal colorscheme creator ?

Christian Brabandt
Hi tuxic!

On So, 19 Mär 2017, [hidden email] wrote:

> I found this one too...last update 11 year ago.

And that is a problem because?

Best,
Christian
--
Für die einen ist es Schule, für die anderen der verrückteste Spielplatz
der Welt.

Re: VIM-internal colorscheme creator ?

A. S. Budden
On 18 March 2017 at 05:49,  <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> as a vim user I run vim on a chrooted Linux on my Android tablet -
> since no other /editor/ is preinstalled... ;) :) 8)
>
> Since the display of that tablet is the best on earth, I would
> like to tweak the colors of the colorscheme I am using.
>
> Incrementing and decrementing integer values and reloading files
> is not /that/ intuitive and I have searched for a colorscheme
> editor which runs as a vim script inside vim.
>
> The few I found were at least eight years old -- but may be I have
> searched with the wrong keywords (I am no native speaker....).
>
> Is there anything recent and useable for my purpose ?

I don't think it's quite right for what you're asking (as you're
wanting to tweak existing colours), but I wrote a plug-in a few years
ago called EasyColour (http://www.cgtk.co.uk/vim-scripts/easycolour)
that uses an alternative format for a colour scheme.  The main
disadvantage is that you can't import an existing colour scheme, but
the advantages are a simple format that's easy to edit and the
self-highlighting scheme (if you change the colour of one of the
highlight groups, the definition of that highlight group is updated to
be the correct colour when you save).

It's a few years old (initially written in 2011), but I haven't had
any need to update it in a while as it seems to do everything it needs
to do...

Al