VIM scroll bar is missing scroll box

gordon55gg
Thanks for reading.
I am using Terminal VIM and it works very well.
And the scroll bar for Terminal works fine.
But when I run VIM (from Terminal or batch file),
the scroll bar has no "scroll box".
The "scroll box" is that small rectangle indicating
the location of the current window.

Batch file:
@echo off
chdir C:/cygwin64/bin
start mintty.exe -p 0,0 /usr/bin/vim.exe %1

How can I get the scroll bar working for Terminal VIM?

vimnoscrollbox.jpg (82K) Download Attachment
cygcheck.out (60K) Download Attachment

Re: VIM scroll bar is missing scroll box

Christian Brabandt
Hi gordon55gg!

On Di, 14 Feb 2017, [hidden email] wrote:

> Thanks for reading.
> I am using Terminal VIM and it works very well.
> And the scroll bar for Terminal works fine.
> But when I run VIM (from Terminal or batch file),
> the scroll bar has no "scroll box".
> The "scroll box" is that small rectangle indicating
> the location of the current window.
>
> Batch file:
> @echo off
> chdir C:/cygwin64/bin
> start mintty.exe -p 0,0 /usr/bin/vim.exe %1
>
> How can I get the scroll bar working for Terminal VIM?

Isn't that a question for the cygwin guys?

Best,
Christian
--
Zur tiefsten Freude an dem, was ist, gehört die Freude an dem, was
ist.

On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 5:48 AM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks for reading.
> I am using Terminal VIM and it works very well.
> And the scroll bar for Terminal works fine.
> But when I run VIM (from Terminal or batch file),
> the scroll bar has no "scroll box".
> The "scroll box" is that small rectangle indicating
> the location of the current window.
>
> Batch file:
> @echo off
> chdir C:/cygwin64/bin
> start mintty.exe -p 0,0 /usr/bin/vim.exe %1
>
> How can I get the scroll bar working for Terminal VIM?

In Console mode, the scrollbar is a console feature, not a Vim
feature. But Vim will tell you at which "percentage" of the file you
are looking, usually in the bottom-right corner of the current
split-window, where it says one of the following:
  All
  Top
  Bot
  nn%
The first three tell you that you see one end, or the other, or both,
of the file, Otherwise it tells you a percentage, from 01% to 99%,
meaning you are at that "percentage point" within the file. If you use
a custom 'statusline' setting, it is the %P element (or you can use %p
instead, for more verbosity).

To get a Vim scrollbar, use gvim (or, on the Mac, macvim) instead of
vim. Then you can set 'guioptions' to have or not have scrollbars on
the left, right and/or bottom depending on some conditions (see ":help
'guioptions'  " with the single quotes but not the double quotes).

Re: VIM scroll bar is missing scroll box

'Jürgen Krämer' via vim_use
Thanks for the pointers.
gordon