VO 0.3.4 beta c

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
14 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

VO 0.3.4 beta c

Noel Henson
Here it is. Sorry it has taken a few more days. Many new features needed
testing. I also spent a good deal of time updating the online help. Please
check it out.

A complete list of changes is included below.

Have fun!

Noel

Download from:
www.vimoutliner.org/files/vimoutliner-0.3.4-beta-c.tar.gz
www.vimoutliner.org/files/vimoutliner-0.3.4-beta-c.zip

------------------------------------------------------------

Additions/changes
    Color schemes
    Checkboxes and hoisting default to 'on'
    Changed the method used to load plugins
    Added user-defined blocks
    Added folding for user-defined blocks
    Added preformatted, user-defined blocks
    Added folding for preformatted, user-defined blocks
    Added a Vim Outliner Menu
        Show/hide levels
        Run tools
            Debian Bug#308073
            Severitywishlist
            Torun otl2html.py from menu
        Change color schemes
        Help
    Modified Help
        Added a note for Debian users about 'syntax on'
        Vim Outliner Menu
        Added help for Vim Outliner objects
    Modified the behavior of checkboxes with % signs
        ,,c% adds checkboxes and % signs to headings with children
            childless parents only get a checkbox
        ,,cp adds checkboxes and % signs to all children
    Modified % complete calculations to work with childless headings
Bug fixes
    ,,cz did not make the correct call
    ,,cb and ,,c0% did not update percentages in rest of list
    Fixed ,,cx to modify only the first ' [0-9]*0%' it comes across
    Removed darkyellow from the colors, changed to darkred
    Black text does not show in aterm (on black background)
        Debian Bug294588
        Severityimportant
        Fix
            This is not a bug. The console is telling Vim that it has
            a light background. This happens automatically. I have
            found, on my systems, that Vim thinks the background is dark
            only when loaded from a text (VGA) console. When started
            from within and X terminal (xterm, eterm, Konsole, etc.),
            Vim thinks the background is light. So, in David's case, VO  
            is using the wrong colors because it Vim thinks is has
            a different background.
           
            To make this an easy thing to change for novices, I have
            added VO color scheme files. A user can easily uncomment
            1 line in their .vimoutlinerrc file to force the color
            scheme to be whatever they want. I am providing two schemes:
            light and dark, vo_light.vim and vo_dark.vim, respectively.  
            These schemes reflect the defaults in syntax/vo_base.vim.  
            Users can even create their own schemes and select them with
            their .vimoutlinerrc file.
    o2l2html doesn't work without a stylesheet
        Debian Bug#297313
        Severityimportant
        Fix
            otl2html.py will now default to using an external
            stylesheet: nnnnnn.css. If this css file does not exist, it
            is created. Now even this simple command will work
            correctly, provided that the user has write permissions in
            the directory in which otl2html.py is run: otl2html.py
            test.otl > test.html.
           
            Fixed-up the help command a bit.
    Fixed ,,cb and ,,c100% (,,cp) to prevent adding checkboxes to:
        body text
        preformatted body text
        tables
        user-defined text
        user-defined preformatted text

--

------------------------------------------------------------------
  Noel Henson
  www.noels-lab.com    Chips, firmware and embedded systems
  www.vimoutliner.org    Work fast. Think well.




_______________________________________________
VimOutliner mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.lists.vimoutliner.org/mailman/listinfo/vimoutliner
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: VO 0.3.4 beta c

Steve Litt
On Sunday 12 June 2005 02:10 pm, Noel Henson wrote:
> Here it is. Sorry it has taken a few more days. Many new features needed
> testing. I also spent a good deal of time updating the online help. Please
> check it out.
>
> A complete list of changes is included below.
>
> Have fun!
>
> Noel

I installed it. Didn't have time to hammer on it, but in the 5 minutes I had
it seemed not to break anything (remember I now have my custom file extension
file in ~/.vim/ftdetect (thanks Matej).

SteveT
_______________________________________________
VimOutliner mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.lists.vimoutliner.org/mailman/listinfo/vimoutliner
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: VO 0.3.4 beta c

Matej Cepl
In reply to this post by Noel Henson
Noel Henson wrote:

> Here it is. Sorry it has taken a few more days. Many new features needed
> testing. I also spent a good deal of time updating the online help. Please
> check it out.

This is from CHANGELOG:

> revision 2.59
> date: 2005-06-07 19:50:45 +0000;  author: noel;  state: Exp;  lines: +2 -1
> Re-removed the did_filetype() function. Restored the original
> variable-based solution.

How did you do it? The only thing I found in ftplugin/vo_base.vim is that
you have added second time let b:current_syntax = "outliner" and commented
out

"if exists("b:did_ftplugin")
"  finish
"endif
"let b:did_ftplugin = 1

???

Matej

--
Matej Cepl, http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej
GPG Finger: 89EF 4BC6 288A BF43 1BAB  25C3 E09F EF25 D964 84AC
138 Highland Ave. #10, Somerville, Ma 02143, (617) 623-1488
 
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That
way, if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away -- and barefoot.
      -- J.D. Salinger
         The Catcher in the Rye


_______________________________________________
VimOutliner mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.lists.vimoutliner.org/mailman/listinfo/vimoutliner
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: VO 0.3.4 beta c

Matej Cepl
In reply to this post by Noel Henson
Noel Henson wrote:

> Download from:
> www.vimoutliner.org/files/vimoutliner-0.3.4-beta-c.tar.gz
> www.vimoutliner.org/files/vimoutliner-0.3.4-beta-c.zip

What is file 'ted' about?

Matej

--
Matej Cepl, http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej
GPG Finger: 89EF 4BC6 288A BF43 1BAB  25C3 E09F EF25 D964 84AC
138 Highland Ave. #10, Somerville, Ma 02143, (617) 623-1488
 
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with
great pleasure.
      -- Clarence Darrow


_______________________________________________
VimOutliner mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.lists.vimoutliner.org/mailman/listinfo/vimoutliner
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: VO 0.3.4 beta c

Matej Cepl
In reply to this post by Noel Henson
Noel Henson wrote:
>     Modified Help
>         Added a note for Debian users about 'syntax on'

Actually, we could now put (for Debian at least) into /etc/vim/vimoutlinerrc
        syntax enable
(which may be better than syntax on -- not sure, take a look
at :he :syntax-enable; or maybe we _want_ to mess with their current
highlighting to be sure, that we have correct colors? don't know). Then of
course, this note in help could go.

What do you think?

        Matej

P.S.: Sorry, for posting so many replies this morning -- it is hot here
(close to 90 for couple of days) and my
Czech-brain-not-used-to-heat-and-humidity is rather slow this morning.
--
Matej Cepl, http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej
GPG Finger: 89EF 4BC6 288A BF43 1BAB  25C3 E09F EF25 D964 84AC
138 Highland Ave. #10, Somerville, Ma 02143, (617) 623-1488
 
There's a long-standing bug relating to the x86 architecture
that allows you to install Windows.
    -- Matthew D. Fuller


_______________________________________________
VimOutliner mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.lists.vimoutliner.org/mailman/listinfo/vimoutliner
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: VO 0.3.4 beta c

Matej Cepl
In reply to this post by Noel Henson
Noel Henson wrote:

> Here it is. Sorry it has taken a few more days. Many new features needed
> testing. I also spent a good deal of time updating the online help. Please
> check it out.
>
> A complete list of changes is included below.
>
> Have fun!

OK, so I promise this is the last post in this series :-). Attached to this
post is diff between my tree (without debian/ subtree of course) and Noel's
beta c. This is the relevant part of changelog.Debian:

vimoutliner (0.3.3.9-3) unstable; urgency=low

        * New upstream beta -- fixing couple of apparent typos.
        * Setting 'syntax on' in /etc/vim/vimoutlinerrc and removing
          remark about need to set it in ~/.vimrc from help.
        * Fixed ftplugin/vo_base.vim so that VO plugins are loaded from
          ftplugin directory, not from plugins one, where is none.

-- Matej Cepl <[hidden email]>  Mon, 13 Jun 2005 07:54:01 -0400                                                                                

And, as always, the current Debian packages of this betaversion are
available on http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/tmp/ (among other junk, which is
not relevant to anyone of you :-).

        Best,

                Matej

--
Matej Cepl, http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej
GPG Finger: 89EF 4BC6 288A BF43 1BAB  25C3 E09F EF25 D964 84AC
138 Highland Ave. #10, Somerville, Ma 02143, (617) 623-1488
 
The difference between death and taxes is death doesn't get worse
every time Congress meets
    -- Will Rogers

_______________________________________________
VimOutliner mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.lists.vimoutliner.org/mailman/listinfo/vimoutliner

diff.bz2 (12K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: VO 0.3.4 beta c

Piotr Gaczkowski
Matej Cepl wrote:

> OK, so I promise this is the last post in this series :-). Attached to this
> post is diff between my tree (without debian/ subtree of course) and Noel's
> beta c. This is the relevant part of changelog.Debian:
>
> vimoutliner (0.3.3.9-3) unstable; urgency=low
>
>         * New upstream beta -- fixing couple of apparent typos.
>         * Setting 'syntax on' in /etc/vim/vimoutlinerrc and removing
>           remark about need to set it in ~/.vimrc from help.
>         * Fixed ftplugin/vo_base.vim so that VO plugins are loaded from
>           ftplugin directory, not from plugins one, where is none.
>
> -- Matej Cepl <[hidden email]>  Mon, 13 Jun 2005 07:54:01 -0400      

So what about this folding stuff?

>
> And, as always, the current Debian packages of this betaversion are
> available on http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/tmp/ (among other junk, which is
> not relevant to anyone of you :-).

DLing asap :) Haven't you thought of some repo for auto-updates? ;)

>
>         Best,
>
>                 Matej

Cheers,
Piotr "DoomHammer" Gaczkowski
_______________________________________________
VimOutliner mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.lists.vimoutliner.org/mailman/listinfo/vimoutliner
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: VO 0.3.4 beta c

Steve Litt
In reply to this post by Matej Cepl
On Monday 13 June 2005 06:54 am, Matej Cepl wrote:

> P.S.: Sorry, for posting so many replies this morning -- it is hot here
> (close to 90 for couple of days) and my
> Czech-brain-not-used-to-heat-and-humidity is rather slow this morning.

Come visit us in Orlando. It's over 90 degrees every day, and when you walk
out of an air conditioned building, your glasses fog up.

Luckily, several times a year, we have 80mph winds to cool us down.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Founder and acting president: GoLUG
http://www.golug.org
_______________________________________________
VimOutliner mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.lists.vimoutliner.org/mailman/listinfo/vimoutliner
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: VO 0.3.4 beta c

Noel Henson
In reply to this post by Matej Cepl
On Sunday 12 June 2005 06:56 pm, Matej Cepl wrote:
> "if exists("b:did_ftplugin")
> "  finish
> "endif
> "let b:did_ftplugin = 1
>

Changelog error. I had to comment out the function. I was causing problems
when with combinations of hoisting, following links, and :e. I failed to
make a specific comment about it. I'll try to be better about that in the
future.

Noel

--

------------------------------------------------------------------
  Noel Henson
  www.noels-lab.com Chips, firmware and embedded systems
  www.vimoutliner.org Work fast. Think well.

_______________________________________________
VimOutliner mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.lists.vimoutliner.org/mailman/listinfo/vimoutliner
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: VO 0.3.4 beta c

Noel Henson
In reply to this post by Matej Cepl
On Monday 13 June 2005 03:48 am, Matej Cepl wrote:
>
> What is file 'ted' about?

ted was a left-over, modified copy of ftfplug/vo_base.vim. But you probably
knew that. Thanks for reminding me to remove it from the archive.

Noel

--

------------------------------------------------------------------
  Noel Henson
  www.noels-lab.com Chips, firmware and embedded systems
  www.vimoutliner.org Work fast. Think well.

_______________________________________________
VimOutliner mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.lists.vimoutliner.org/mailman/listinfo/vimoutliner
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: VO 0.3.4 beta c

Noel Henson
In reply to this post by Matej Cepl
On Monday 13 June 2005 03:54 am, Matej Cepl wrote:
> Actually, we could now put (for Debian at least) into
> /etc/vim/vimoutlinerrc syntax enable
> (which may be better than syntax on -- not sure, take a look
> at :he :syntax-enable; or maybe we _want_ to mess with their current
> highlighting to be sure, that we have correct colors? don't know). Then
> of course, this note in help could go.
>
> What do you think?

I'm not sure I want to put 'syntax on' or 'syntax enable' in our files. It
really should go in .vimrc. But, if that's the only way for us to get it to
work in Debian,  perhaps we should add it.

>
>         Matej
>
> P.S.: Sorry, for posting so many replies this morning -- it is hot here
> (close to 90 for couple of days) and my
> Czech-brain-not-used-to-heat-and-humidity is rather slow this morning.

Wow. That's too much heat for me. Fortunately I live in the mountains and
won't see heat like that until late August. :P


:)

--

------------------------------------------------------------------
  Noel Henson
  www.noels-lab.com Chips, firmware and embedded systems
  www.vimoutliner.org Work fast. Think well.

_______________________________________________
VimOutliner mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.lists.vimoutliner.org/mailman/listinfo/vimoutliner
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: VO 0.3.4 beta c

Kyle Maxwell
On 6/13/05, Noel Henson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > P.S.: Sorry, for posting so many replies this morning -- it is hot here
> > (close to 90 for couple of days) and my
> > Czech-brain-not-used-to-heat-and-humidity is rather slow this morning.
>
> Wow. That's too much heat for me. Fortunately I live in the mountains and
> won't see heat like that until late August. :P

In Dallas, we get that in March-October (sometimes into December but
that's a little unusual). It's not really hot here until it passes
100, and even then, it's bearable until about 105 or 110.

Humidity's not quite as bad as Orlando, I don't believe, but I've been
told by friends from Tampa that it's at least in the ballpark.

/me considers moving... :)

--
Kyle Maxwell
http://caffeinatedsecurity.com
[[hidden email]]

_______________________________________________
VimOutliner mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.lists.vimoutliner.org/mailman/listinfo/vimoutliner
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: VO 0.3.4 beta c

Matej Cepl
In reply to this post by Noel Henson
Noel Henson wrote:
> I'm not sure I want to put 'syntax on' or 'syntax enable' in our files. It
> really should go in .vimrc. But, if that's the only way for us to get it
> to work in Debian,  perhaps we should add it.

Just to nourish my Debian patriotism -- this is not question of Debian or
some other distribution. Unfortunately, I am currently the only maintainer
of package for any Linux distribution, so you don't get the similar reports
from anybody else. Actually, VO would fail in exactly the same way when
installed from tarball with install.sh (right?), but users of tarballs are
expected to be sane enough to switch syntax on in their ~/.vimrc.

Matej

--
Matej Cepl, http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej
GPG Finger: 89EF 4BC6 288A BF43 1BAB  25C3 E09F EF25 D964 84AC
138 Highland Ave. #10, Somerville, Ma 02143, (617) 623-1488
 
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.
   -- Dan Stanford


_______________________________________________
VimOutliner mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.lists.vimoutliner.org/mailman/listinfo/vimoutliner
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: Re: VO 0.3.4 beta c

Noel Henson
On Monday 13 June 2005 11:40 am, Matej Cepl wrote:
> Just to nourish my Debian patriotism -- this is not question of Debian
> or some other distribution. Unfortunately, I am currently the only
> maintainer of package for any Linux distribution, so you don't get the
> similar reports from anybody else. Actually, VO would fail in exactly
> the same way when installed from tarball with install.sh (right?), but
> users of tarballs are expected to be sane enough to switch syntax on in
> their ~/.vimrc.

I see your point. I think there is a Gentoo package though. But I'm pretty
sure you two are the only ones.

And, like I mentioned, if it IS necessary, We should have it.

Noel

--

------------------------------------------------------------------
  Noel Henson
  www.noels-lab.com Chips, firmware and embedded systems
  www.vimoutliner.org Work fast. Think well.

_______________________________________________
VimOutliner mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.lists.vimoutliner.org/mailman/listinfo/vimoutliner