VO Calendar

Israel Chauca Fuentes
Hello,

I'm trying to use VO Calendar, but I don't like to have the Outlines
folder in my $HOME, I placed the outline_calendar folder at $HOME/
Documents and modified the path inside vo_calendar_ui.sh, then
followed all the steps on the readme and I get the following error:

Error detected while processing command line:
E433: No tags file
E426: tag not found: 2009-03-09

Note that everything works fine if I use the default $HOME path.

BTW, thanks a lot for all the work you guys have put on VO and all the
add-ons!

Cheers,
Israel

Re: VO Calendar

Stefan Schmiedl
On Mon, 9 Mar 2009 21:33:24 -0500
Israel Chauca Fuentes <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm trying to use VO Calendar, but I don't like to have the Outlines
> folder in my $HOME, I placed the outline_calendar folder at $HOME/
> Documents and modified the path inside vo_calendar_ui.sh, then
> followed all the steps on the readme and I get the following error:
>
> Error detected while processing command line:
> E433: No tags file
> E426: tag not found: 2009-03-09
>
> Note that everything works fine if I use the default $HOME path.

I think that your problem will be solved if you take a look
at the second line of the included vimrc file. It shows you
how to notifiy vim of the outline calendar tags file.

Let me know if the problem persists.

s.

Re: VO Calendar

Israel Chauca Fuentes
That worked as a charm, thanks!

I read on the archives about VimPim and, if I understood correctly, it
integrated calendar.vim with the OV Calendar, is it still around or is
there any solution similar to that?

Cheers,
Israel

On Mar 10, 2009, at 2:38 AM, Stefan Schmiedl wrote:

> On Mon, 9 Mar 2009 21:33:24 -0500
> Israel Chauca Fuentes <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to use VO Calendar, but I don't like to have the Outlines
>> folder in my $HOME, I placed the outline_calendar folder at $HOME/
>> Documents and modified the path inside vo_calendar_ui.sh, then
>> followed all the steps on the readme and I get the following error:
>>
>> Error detected while processing command line:
>> E433: No tags file
>> E426: tag not found: 2009-03-09
>>
>> Note that everything works fine if I use the default $HOME path.
>
> I think that your problem will be solved if you take a look
> at the second line of the included vimrc file. It shows you
> how to notifiy vim of the outline calendar tags file.
>
> Let me know if the problem persists.
>
> s.

Re: VO Calendar

Bill Powell
+++ Israel Chauca Fuentes [10/03/09 07:41 -0500]:
> That worked as a charm, thanks!
>
> I read on the archives about VimPim and, if I understood correctly, it
> integrated calendar.vim with the OV Calendar, is it still around or is
> there any solution similar to that?
>
> Cheers,
> Israel

Hi Israel,

Sorry it took me a bit to get back to you. I did VimPim
awhile back, and though I use it every day, it's still in
alpha, version 0.1. :)

For some reason, the package got lost during some migration
or other, but I've put it back at the link I gave awhile
back in this post:

http://www.nabble.com/VimPim-0.1-Release-p13282999.html

The package is here:

http://billpowellisalive.com/pub/linux/vimpim/vimpim-0.1.tar.gz

It's very, very simple. I still have big plans for a fully
functioning Pim within Vim, or making other tools accessible
from within Vim, but my Vimscript/Perl skills aren't there
yet. :)

Bill

> On Mar 10, 2009, at 2:38 AM, Stefan Schmiedl wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 9 Mar 2009 21:33:24 -0500
>> Israel Chauca Fuentes <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm trying to use VO Calendar, but I don't like to have the Outlines
>>> folder in my $HOME, I placed the outline_calendar folder at $HOME/
>>> Documents and modified the path inside vo_calendar_ui.sh, then
>>> followed all the steps on the readme and I get the following error:
>>>
>>> Error detected while processing command line:
>>> E433: No tags file
>>> E426: tag not found: 2009-03-09
>>>
>>> Note that everything works fine if I use the default $HOME path.
>>
>> I think that your problem will be solved if you take a look
>> at the second line of the included vimrc file. It shows you
>> how to notifiy vim of the outline calendar tags file.
>>
>> Let me know if the problem persists.
>>
>> s.

Re: Re: VO Calendar

Israel Chauca Fuentes
Hello Bill,

Thanks for making it available again, I'm looking forward to try the
new features, whenever you are ready ;)

Cheers,
Israel