VO-based todo manager?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
30 messages Options
12
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

VO-based todo manager?

Scott Scriven-2
I've been making a tool for my own use over the past few days,
and I wonder if anyone else has any interest in it.

I have a lot of "todo.otl" files laying around, on multiple
servers, all over the filesystem.  I tend to keep one for each
project, each machine, and each major category of tasks.  This is
good for individual projects, but useless if I want an overview
of everything I need to do.  There are just too many lists, and
too many tasks.

So, I've made a tool to help.  It does the following:

  - Collect all task hierarchies into a single, flat list.

  - Sort / filter the list, to put the most important items
    first.

  - Provide a relatively quick interface for managing tasks.

As for sorting, prioritizing, and filtering tasks, it does a few
useful things:

  - Handle recurring events.  They bubble up the list as the due
    date approaches, then go away (for a while) when completed.  
    (dates can be fixed or floating)

  - Provide a "snooze button".  This makes a task (or an entire
    tree) just go away for a while.  It lets you say "don't bug
    me about this until later".

The concept is similar to pyGTD (if anyone has heard of that),
except better.  I tried pyGTD for about 6 months, and it just
took too much time to maintain lists.  The system was too klunky
and inflexible, so eventually gave up on it.

It's not "done" yet, but I've got the program to a useful state.  
I get a prioritized list of all my tasks, and can go through them
fairly quickly.  I just press "x" to mark a task as finished, or
I snooze the item ("z2w" would snooze for 2 weeks, for example).  
Either way, it disappears from the list so I can focus on the
next item.

It does a bunch of other things too, and there are a lot of
details I'm leaving out, but that's the gist of it.


-- Scott
_______________________________________________
VimOutliner mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.lists.vimoutliner.org/mailman/listinfo/vimoutliner
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: VO-based todo manager?

David J Patrick-2
On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 05:20:28PM -0600, Scott Scriven wrote:
> I've been making a tool for my own use over the past few days,
> and I wonder if anyone else has any interest in it.
sounds supernifty.
I've been using todotxt for a while, and remind and VO and always happy to
consider better CLI PIM tools.
djp
_______________________________________________
VimOutliner mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.lists.vimoutliner.org/mailman/listinfo/vimoutliner
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: VO-based todo manager?

Steve Litt
In reply to this post by Scott Scriven-2
Hi Scott,

Is your tool capable of traversing interoutline links?

SteveT

On Saturday 19 April 2008 19:20, Scott Scriven wrote:

> I've been making a tool for my own use over the past few days,
> and I wonder if anyone else has any interest in it.
>
> I have a lot of "todo.otl" files laying around, on multiple
> servers, all over the filesystem.  I tend to keep one for each
> project, each machine, and each major category of tasks.  This is
> good for individual projects, but useless if I want an overview
> of everything I need to do.  There are just too many lists, and
> too many tasks.
>
> So, I've made a tool to help.  It does the following:
>
>   - Collect all task hierarchies into a single, flat list.
>
>   - Sort / filter the list, to put the most important items
>     first.
>
>   - Provide a relatively quick interface for managing tasks.
>
> As for sorting, prioritizing, and filtering tasks, it does a few
> useful things:
>
>   - Handle recurring events.  They bubble up the list as the due
>     date approaches, then go away (for a while) when completed.
>     (dates can be fixed or floating)
>
>   - Provide a "snooze button".  This makes a task (or an entire
>     tree) just go away for a while.  It lets you say "don't bug
>     me about this until later".
>
> The concept is similar to pyGTD (if anyone has heard of that),
> except better.  I tried pyGTD for about 6 months, and it just
> took too much time to maintain lists.  The system was too klunky
> and inflexible, so eventually gave up on it.
>
> It's not "done" yet, but I've got the program to a useful state.
> I get a prioritized list of all my tasks, and can go through them
> fairly quickly.  I just press "x" to mark a task as finished, or
> I snooze the item ("z2w" would snooze for 2 weeks, for example).
> Either way, it disappears from the list so I can focus on the
> next item.
>
> It does a bunch of other things too, and there are a lot of
> details I'm leaving out, but that's the gist of it.
>
>
> -- Scott
> _______________________________________________
> VimOutliner mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://www.lists.vimoutliner.org/mailman/listinfo/vimoutliner
_______________________________________________
VimOutliner mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.lists.vimoutliner.org/mailman/listinfo/vimoutliner
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: VO-based todo manager?

Scott Scriven-2
In reply to this post by David J Patrick-2
* Steve Litt wrote:
> Is your tool capable of traversing interoutline links?

Geez, all the ladies ask me that.  :)

Short answer: no.

The idea is that you tell it where all your lists are, and it
puts them all into one big, prioritized list.  Linking between
lists isn't really an issue when they're all together.

I haven't decided what to call it yet.  It started as "pytodo",
which isn't so great, and is already taken.  Then it changed to
"TKDO", since I use TK (ToyKeeper) as my name online, and it's
short and similar to "todo".  I think it might be better to name
it to something along the lines of "masterlist", since that's
really what it is.


* David J Patrick <[hidden email]> wrote:
> sounds supernifty.
> I've been using todotxt for a while, and remind and VO and
> always happy to consider better CLI PIM tools.

I can't really say whether it's any better.  I have different
tastes and possibly different needs.  I find it more useful, but
I never really liked todotxt.

I've only been using it a couple days, entering various lists as
I find them, and I've already got 32 lists and 484 tasks.  I have
a lot more to add.

BTW, this is only partly CLI-based.  The todo files are all plain
text, and it can export the master list as plain text, and you
can use VO normally to edit individual lists...  but the
interface for editing the master list uses GTK.  It is still
focused around keyboard input (it even does some common vi
commands like ":w"), but it doesn't run in a terminal.

I have a placeholder for a text UI, but it does nothing yet.


-- Scott
_______________________________________________
VimOutliner mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.lists.vimoutliner.org/mailman/listinfo/vimoutliner
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: VO-based todo manager?

Scott Scriven-2
In reply to this post by Scott Scriven-2
Okay, if anyone is brave enough to try it, I've put an early copy
online:

  http://toykeeper.net/tmp/tkdo-0.1.tar.gz

Keep in mind this is a very early version.  I haven't had any
problems with it, but it's still a good idea to back up your todo
files before modifying them with TKDO.  Some of the menu items
are just placeholders, though most of them actually work.  And
you have to edit the config file to add task files before the
program is at all useful.

I don't have the CLI bits really working yet, though I at least
want to get CLI search and export working soon.  That will let me
dump the master list onto my desktop wallpaper via cron.

Oh, and read the README.  :)


-- Scott
_______________________________________________
VimOutliner mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.lists.vimoutliner.org/mailman/listinfo/vimoutliner
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: VO-based todo manager?

bold
In reply to this post by Scott Scriven-2
Thanks, I really like your script. Because it's Python with PyGtk it
runs on my Nokia N800.

I am wondering how you use the @contexts because it is typically
something you would like to filter on when using the GTD approach but
the filter only filters on the title which does not include the
contexts.

I made a slight modification (quick and dirty) temporarily so the
filter also works on the contexts. This makes your script in
combination with vimoutliner pretty useful for me.

Thanks,

Boudewijn Schrader


>  Okay, if anyone is brave enough to try it, I've put an early copy
>  online:
>
>   http://toykeeper.net/tmp/tkdo-0.1.tar.gz
>
>  Keep in mind this is a very early version.  I haven't had any
>  problems with it, but it's still a good idea to back up your todo
>  files before modifying them with TKDO.  Some of the menu items
>  are just placeholders, though most of them actually work.  And
>  you have to edit the config file to add task files before the
>  program is at all useful.
>
>  I don't have the CLI bits really working yet, though I at least
>  want to get CLI search and export working soon.  That will let me
>  dump the master list onto my desktop wallpaper via cron.
>
>  Oh, and read the README.  :)
>
>
>  -- Scott
_______________________________________________
VimOutliner mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.lists.vimoutliner.org/mailman/listinfo/vimoutliner
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: VO-based todo manager?

Scott Scriven-2
* bold <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks, I really like your script. Because it's Python with
> PyGtk it runs on my Nokia N800.

You're welcome!

I've thought about getting a nokia linux tablet...  it hadn't
occurred to me to try this on one, though.  :)

> I am wondering how you use the @contexts

I hadn't gotten to that yet when I released v0.1, but I have
added it since then.  I expect I'll release v0.2 tomorrow...  
maybe tonight, if I have time to fix a couple packaging issues.  
I've added quite a few things since 0.1.

If you like GTD, you'll probably be happy that I've added a type
for "next task only", which only shows the first incomplete child.


-- Scott
_______________________________________________
VimOutliner mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.lists.vimoutliner.org/mailman/listinfo/vimoutliner
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

VO-based todo manager: tkdo 0.2

Scott Scriven-2
In reply to this post by Scott Scriven-2
I just released v0.2 of my VO-based "master list" program:

   http://toykeeper.net/tmp/tkdo-0.2.tar.gz

(I know, it's still just a tarball in my tmp directory...  I'll
set up a site for it later)

I've added a few things since 0.1...

  General:
    + added 'next' task type, for GTD-like 'only show next step'
    + added support for completion percents
    + added plain old non-recurring "due" tasks
    + option to back up .otl files before saving (default yes)
    + config option to set default command/mode (default gui)
    + config options for active bonus and max overdue multipliers
    * fixed rare corner case where saving could erase a task file
    * misc other details added/fixed/removed
    * fixed parsing contexts from task titles
    - removed 'datefmt' from config
  CLI:
    + added command line parsing
    + added commands: help, gui, list, cfg, version
    + can now filter by text and context
    + can now hide/show snoozed/done tasks
  GUI:
    + can now filter by context
    + can now set task type
    + can now set task importance
    + can now edit task titles
    + can now toggle showing done/snoozed items
    * window title now shows current filters
    * made 'x' toggle done-ness instead of only setting it to "done"
    * made 'file -> save config file' work
    * fixed window size issues, made initial size configurable
    * displays exceptions in the status bar

There are still some issues with completing recurring tasks
outside tkdo, and some of the metadata tags still require running
an external editor to create, but it's making quick progress.

It's also easy now to put my todo list on my desktop wallpaper.  
I just run something like...

  while true ; do todo list -20 > ~/.todo.lst ; sleep 1m ; done

Then I let conky watch the file for changes, and display it.


-- Scott
_______________________________________________
VimOutliner mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.lists.vimoutliner.org/mailman/listinfo/vimoutliner
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: VO-based todo manager: tkdo 0.2

Steve Litt
This sounds incredibly useful once it's understood (I don't yet understand
it).

I think you need more documentation in order to present it to a wider audience
not necessarily understanding GTD or "contexts". I'd like to write a
Troublehshooters.Com article on this, and then maybe some distribution
documentation once I understand it.

Do I have it right that TKDO is a VimOutliner implementation of GTD?

Understanding that I know absolutely nothing about GTD, "contexts" or anything
of the sort, could you please give me a few relevent terms and simple
definitions for those terms, as a starting point?

Thanks

SteveT

On Saturday 26 April 2008 01:43, Scott Scriven wrote:

> I just released v0.2 of my VO-based "master list" program:
>
>    http://toykeeper.net/tmp/tkdo-0.2.tar.gz
>
> (I know, it's still just a tarball in my tmp directory...  I'll
> set up a site for it later)
>
> I've added a few things since 0.1...
>
>   General:
>     + added 'next' task type, for GTD-like 'only show next step'
>     + added support for completion percents
>     + added plain old non-recurring "due" tasks
>     + option to back up .otl files before saving (default yes)
>     + config option to set default command/mode (default gui)
>     + config options for active bonus and max overdue multipliers
>     * fixed rare corner case where saving could erase a task file
>     * misc other details added/fixed/removed
>     * fixed parsing contexts from task titles
>     - removed 'datefmt' from config
>   CLI:
>     + added command line parsing
>     + added commands: help, gui, list, cfg, version
>     + can now filter by text and context
>     + can now hide/show snoozed/done tasks
>   GUI:
>     + can now filter by context
>     + can now set task type
>     + can now set task importance
>     + can now edit task titles
>     + can now toggle showing done/snoozed items
>     * window title now shows current filters
>     * made 'x' toggle done-ness instead of only setting it to "done"
>     * made 'file -> save config file' work
>     * fixed window size issues, made initial size configurable
>     * displays exceptions in the status bar
>
> There are still some issues with completing recurring tasks
> outside tkdo, and some of the metadata tags still require running
> an external editor to create, but it's making quick progress.
>
> It's also easy now to put my todo list on my desktop wallpaper.
> I just run something like...
>
>   while true ; do todo list -20 > ~/.todo.lst ; sleep 1m ; done
>
> Then I let conky watch the file for changes, and display it.
>
>
> -- Scott
> _______________________________________________
> VimOutliner mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://www.lists.vimoutliner.org/mailman/listinfo/vimoutliner
_______________________________________________
VimOutliner mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.lists.vimoutliner.org/mailman/listinfo/vimoutliner
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: VO-based todo manager: tkdo 0.3

Scott Scriven-2
In reply to this post by Scott Scriven-2
Okay, I'm up to v0.3 now.  I haven't changed as many things as
last time, but it's been a week and there have been enough
additions to be worthwhile.

   http://toykeeper.net/tmp/tkdo-0.3.tar.gz

What has changed since 0.2:

  General:
    + Added a log of all actions taken.
      This should help answer "what did I do this week?".
    * Fixed bug: 'next' type showed nothing if the next item wasn't a task.
    * Fixed bug: metadata line could override 'ignored' task's type.
  CLI:
    + Added 'contexts' command.
    + Added '--all' to 'list' command.
  GUI:
    + Made keybindings configurable.
    + Added a 'show keybindings' function.
    + Added a 'list contexts' function.
    * Made cursor smarter about sticking to a task.
    * Slightly sped up display.


-- Scott
_______________________________________________
VimOutliner mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.lists.vimoutliner.org/mailman/listinfo/vimoutliner
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: VO-based todo manager: tkdo 0.2

Scott Scriven-2
In reply to this post by Steve Litt
* Steve Litt <[hidden email]> wrote:
> This sounds incredibly useful once it's understood (I don't yet
> understand it).

Well, maybe.  Maybe not.  I like it, anyway.

> I think you need more documentation

I've been thinking about this.  The main issue is deciding
whether I'm writing it for me, or if I care to make it easier for
others too.

I think I've decided to add the necessary pieces to make it
easier for others.  For example, the keybindings can now be
changed, and I think I'll write more docs on what it does, why,
and how to use it for various purposes (including GTD).

> I'd like to write a Troublehshooters.Com article on this, and
> then maybe some distribution documentation once I understand

You are welcome to do so.  :)

> Do I have it right that TKDO is a VimOutliner implementation of
> GTD?

ish.

It's capable of some GTD-like things, and I'll probably write up
something on how to do GTD with it.  But it's not specifically
aimed at that.

> Understanding that I know absolutely nothing about GTD,
> "contexts" or anything of the sort, could you please give me a
> few relevent terms and simple definitions for those terms, as a
> starting point?

Yeah, I'll have to write up a few things...  But for now, here's
a good place to get some ideas:

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GTD


-- Scott
_______________________________________________
VimOutliner mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.lists.vimoutliner.org/mailman/listinfo/vimoutliner
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: VO-based todo manager: tkdo

Scott Scriven-2
In reply to this post by Steve Litt
* Steve Litt <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Understanding that I know absolutely nothing about GTD,
> "contexts" or anything of the sort, could you please give me a
> few relevent terms and simple definitions for those terms, as a
> starting point?

I've finally put this stuff online, and written some docs on
it...

  http://toykeeper.net/programs/tkdo/

You may also want to read the GTD page there:

  http://toykeeper.net/programs/tkdo/gtd

Let me know if this helps, and if there's anything you think I
need to add or change.


-- Scott
_______________________________________________
VimOutliner mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.lists.vimoutliner.org/mailman/listinfo/vimoutliner
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: VO-based todo manager: tkdo 0.3

bold
In reply to this post by Scott Scriven-2
Great, thanks for the new version, Scott. I was already using the
previous version daily. Nice to see it moved from your temp dir and
you put some helpful documentation on your site. I have some questions
and a remark and maybe a feature request already.

Questions:
- I belief I have to regenerate the ~/.tkdo/rc file when you introduce
new settings. Is this correct?
- is it correct that the top item in a tree also needs a checkbox to
get the lower tasks picked up by tkdo?

Remark:
Maybe you could include some example otls to clarify how you use it in
practice. That might clear things up for first time users.

Thanks again,
Boudewijn

PS. Almost forgot the feature request: I hope the "list contexts"
window transforms to a "select context" window  ;)
_______________________________________________
VimOutliner mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.lists.vimoutliner.org/mailman/listinfo/vimoutliner
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: VO-based todo manager: tkdo

Steve Litt
In reply to this post by Scott Scriven-2
On Monday 05 May 2008 03:28, Scott Scriven wrote:

> * Steve Litt <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Understanding that I know absolutely nothing about GTD,
> > "contexts" or anything of the sort, could you please give me a
> > few relevent terms and simple definitions for those terms, as a
> > starting point?
>
> I've finally put this stuff online, and written some docs on
> it...
>
>   http://toykeeper.net/programs/tkdo/
>
> You may also want to read the GTD page there:
>
>   http://toykeeper.net/programs/tkdo/gtd
>
> Let me know if this helps, and if there's anything you think I
> need to add or change.

Hey Scott,

The "Task File Suggestions" section of http://toykeeper.net/programs/tkdo/ 
functions as incredibly persuasive ad copy, making me want to get the
product.

Was I reading this right that tkdo could be used as a salesman's tickler file?

I'm sure downloading and installing tkdo is trivial, but I don't yet have the
infrastructure for it. I have one main todo list file, maybe a couple others
that are probably obsolete, and one "irons in the fire" list. What lists
would you recommend someone start with? This is kind of like telling someone
what accounts a newbie should start with before installing an accounting
package.

Does tkdo have facilities for seeing what's been done? I like to see not only
where I'm going, but where I've been.

Thanks

SteveT
 

>
>
> -- Scott
> _______________________________________________
> VimOutliner mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://www.lists.vimoutliner.org/mailman/listinfo/vimoutliner

--
Steve Litt
Author: Universal Troubleshooting Process books and courseware
http://www.troubleshooters.com/

(Legal Disclaimer) Follow these suggestions at your own risk.
_______________________________________________
VimOutliner mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.lists.vimoutliner.org/mailman/listinfo/vimoutliner
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: VO-based todo manager: tkdo 0.3

Scott Scriven-2
In reply to this post by bold
* bold <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Questions:
> - I belief I have to regenerate the ~/.tkdo/rc file when you
> introduce new settings. Is this correct?

Nope.  You can actually remove most of the config settings, if
you like.  You only need to specify things which aren't default.  
The bare minimum config is just a list of task files.

If you want to see which settings the new version added, run...

  tkdo cfg > ~/.tkdo/rc.new
  diff -u ~/.tkdo/rc ~/.tkdo/rc.new

And, of course, feel free to copy/paste any parts you want into
your config.  It's designed to be human-editable.

> - is it correct that the top item in a tree also needs a
> checkbox to get the lower tasks picked up by tkdo?

Yes.

It's supposed to work with free-form text files.  Only the
branches with a checkbox are displayed or modified.

In practice, I mostly use 'ignored' branches to archive completed
items.  For example:

  [_] task 1
  [_] task 2

  Done:
  [X] completed task 1
  [X] completed task 2

Everything under "Done:" is ignored.

> Maybe you could include some example otls to clarify how you
> use it in practice. That might clear things up for first time
> users.

I'll add that to my list.  :)

> PS. Almost forgot the feature request: I hope the "list
> contexts" window transforms to a "select context" window  ;)

I haven't really done much with the mouse in tkdo's GUI.  To
select a context, I just type "@foo" or run "t list @foo" in a
shell.  But I suppose, on a PDA, mouse actions might be a little
easier.


-- Scott
_______________________________________________
VimOutliner mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.lists.vimoutliner.org/mailman/listinfo/vimoutliner
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: VO-based todo manager: tkdo

Scott Scriven-2
In reply to this post by Steve Litt
* Steve Litt <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Does tkdo have facilities for seeing what's been done? I like
> to see not only where I'm going, but where I've been.

Yes.  This release adds an action log, ~/.tkdo/action_log, where
it lists every change you make.  I find it useful, when doing a
weekly summary, to do something like:

  grep Completed ~/.tkdo/action_log | tail -100

You can also just archive your completed tasks once per week.  I
move all the [X] items underneath a "Done:" branch, once I'm sure
I'm really done with them.

> The "Task File Suggestions" section of
> http://toykeeper.net/programs/tkdo/ functions as incredibly
> persuasive ad copy, making me want to get the product.

It's funny that those would be good advertising.  All of the list
suggestions work no matter which task system you use.  :)

> Was I reading this right that tkdo could be used as a
> salesman's tickler file?

Maybe.  I'm not really sure what a salesman's tickler file is.  
... reminds you to follow up on leads?  If so, then yes.  It's
trivial to add a reminder for anything, and then snooze it to
make it go away until later.

> I have one main todo list file,

If you don't have a lot of projects to track, or if you have been  
getting things done on time, maybe you don't need a new system.  
:)

> What lists would you recommend someone start with?

Well, I have about 40 lists right now.  All of them fit somewhere
in the "Task File Suggestions" list on my site.  However, most of
them are the "one task file per project" type.  I like to keep my
lists in the same dir as the project they're about (which was the
single main reason I wanted a task list aggregator).

Here are a few entries from my config.  Maybe it'll give you some
insight or ideas:

# A list of Taskfile objects.
files = [
    Taskfile('bills', '~/text/personal/bills.otl'),

    Taskfile('birthday', '~/text/personal/birthdays.otl'),

    # books to read, and books I've finished reading
    Taskfile('books', '~/books/todo.otl'),

    # car maintenance, tickets, insurance, etc
    Taskfile('car', '~/text/personal/car.otl'),

    # debian packaging tasks (mounted via NFS from my server)
    Taskfile('dpkg', '/mnt/vz/dpkg/home/scott/todo.otl'),

    # gutenflash book reader
    Taskfile('flash', '~/src/flash/todo.otl'),

    # games I'd like to play, and progress on the games I have
    Taskfile('games', '~/games/games.otl'),

    Taskfile('holiday', '~/text/personal/holidays.otl'),

    # house maintenance, mostly
    Taskfile('house', '~/text/house/todo.otl'),

    # special auto-generated list summarizing my inboxes
    Taskfile('mail', '/mnt/vz/mutt/home/scott/email.otl'),

    # remember artists I might like, or songs to get
    Taskfile('mp3s', '~/music/mp3/todo.otl'),

    # ideas for writing songs
    Taskfile('music', '~/music/compose/todo.otl'),

    Taskfile('nano', '~/text/personal/nanowrimo.otl'),

    # I know, it's ironic to have a todo list for a palm pilot,
    # but it reminds me to sync, dump data, do backups, etc
    Taskfile('palm', '~/palmpilot/todo.otl'),

    # This is my biggest list...  sort of a "misc" list
    Taskfile('personal', '~/text/personal/todo.otl'),

    Taskfile('photos', '~/pix/camera/todo.otl'),

    Taskfile('tkdo', '~/src/tkdo/todo.otl'),
    ]



-- Scott
_______________________________________________
VimOutliner mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.lists.vimoutliner.org/mailman/listinfo/vimoutliner
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: VO-based todo manager: tkdo 0.3

bold
In reply to this post by Scott Scriven-2
Scott Scriven <vimoutliner <at> toykeeper.net> writes:

> I haven't really done much with the mouse in tkdo's GUI.  To
> select a context, I just type "@foo" or run "t list @foo" in a
> shell.  But I suppose, on a PDA, mouse actions might be a little
> easier.

Maybe I'll try to take a stab at adding checkboxes and a button to the dialog.
The N800 only shows the onscreen keyboard when an inputbox is active so sadly
keyboard shortcuts do not work. They do not even show in the menu.

Boudewijn




_______________________________________________
VimOutliner mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.lists.vimoutliner.org/mailman/listinfo/vimoutliner
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: VO-based todo manager: tkdo 0.3

Scott Scriven-2
* bold <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Maybe I'll try to take a stab at adding checkboxes and a button
> to the dialog.  The N800 only shows the onscreen keyboard when
> an inputbox is active so sadly keyboard shortcuts do not work.
> They do not even show in the menu.

I was working on a due date dialog last night, and this context
dialog would be similar.  So, I just added it.  I expect both
will be in the next version.

Still, I bet tkdo would be a lot less useful without keyboard
shortcuts.  I hardly ever use the mouse.  So, uh, let me know if
there are any mousey parts missing.  :)


-- Scott
_______________________________________________
VimOutliner mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.lists.vimoutliner.org/mailman/listinfo/vimoutliner
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: VO-based todo manager: tkdo 0.4

Scott Scriven-2
In reply to this post by Scott Scriven-2
I just put out v0.4.  And, I noticed...  It's been almost a month
since anything else happened on this list.  I hope I'm not
derailing any on-topic conversation people might have had.

Anyway, the tarball is here:

    http://toykeeper.net/programs/tkdo/files/tkdo-0.4.tar.gz

What has changed since 0.3:

  General:
    + Added an example list to demonstrate usage.
    * Made development public, on https://launchpad.net/tkdo
    * Fixed bug 228839: snooze tag not removed after expiration.
    * Fixed bug 227555: doesn't ignore checkboxes in the middle of a line.
  CLI:
    + Added 'cal' command to show only due tasks.
  GUI:
    + Added dialog to set due date, recur schedule, and lead time.
    + Made the context list clickable for filtering.
    + Added 'l' for setting lead time.
    * Cleaned up some menus.
    - Removed non-vi commands from vi mode.


-- Scott
_______________________________________________
VimOutliner mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.lists.vimoutliner.org/mailman/listinfo/vimoutliner
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: VO-based todo manager: tkdo 0.4

bold
Scott Scriven <vimoutliner <at> toykeeper.net> writes:

>
> I just put out v0.4.  And, I noticed...  It's been almost a month
> since anything else happened on this list.  I hope I'm not
> derailing any on-topic conversation people might have had.
>

Works great, thanks.

Boudewijn





_______________________________________________
VimOutliner mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.lists.vimoutliner.org/mailman/listinfo/vimoutliner
12