Variable tabstop size

Gustavo Ribeiro Croscato
Hi everyone!

Is there any option or plugin like "colorcolumn" but for set tabstop at variable positions?

Or maybe something like emacs tab-stop-list?

Thanks!

Re: Variable tabstop size

Tony Mechelynck
On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 6:25 AM, Gustavo Ribeiro Croscato
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi everyone!
>
> Is there any option or plugin like "colorcolumn" but for set tabstop at variable positions?
>
> Or maybe something like emacs tab-stop-list?
>
> Thanks!

There is but it is not yet part of Vim (it is being considered for
inclusion). You must recompile with a few changes, and I don't know
exactly where they are to be found, but I think Christian Brabandt
knows. If you are willing, you can help test this new option and maybe
help convince Bram that it is more useful than dangerous.

Re: Variable tabstop size

Christian Brabandt

On Mi, 25 Apr 2018, Tony Mechelynck wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 6:25 AM, Gustavo Ribeiro Croscato
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi everyone!
> >
> > Is there any option or plugin like "colorcolumn" but for set tabstop at variable positions?
> >
> > Or maybe something like emacs tab-stop-list?
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> There is but it is not yet part of Vim (it is being considered for
> inclusion). You must recompile with a few changes, and I don't know
> exactly where they are to be found, but I think Christian Brabandt
> knows. If you are willing, you can help test this new option and maybe
> help convince Bram that it is more useful than dangerous.

The patch is here: https://github.com/vim/vim/pull/2711

Best,
Christian
--
Wir lernen aus Erfahrung, daß die Menschen nichts aus Erfahrung
lernen.

Re: Variable tabstop size

Gustavo Ribeiro Croscato
Em quarta-feira, 25 de abril de 2018 03:59:18 UTC-3, Christian Brabandt  escreveu:

> On Mi, 25 Apr 2018, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 6:25 AM, Gustavo Ribeiro Croscato
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Hi everyone!
> > >
> > > Is there any option or plugin like "colorcolumn" but for set tabstop at variable positions?
> > >
> > > Or maybe something like emacs tab-stop-list?
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> >
> > There is but it is not yet part of Vim (it is being considered for
> > inclusion). You must recompile with a few changes, and I don't know
> > exactly where they are to be found, but I think Christian Brabandt
> > knows. If you are willing, you can help test this new option and maybe
> > help convince Bram that it is more useful than dangerous.
>
> The patch is here: https://github.com/vim/vim/pull/2711
>
> Best,
> Christian
> --
> Wir lernen aus Erfahrung, daß die Menschen nichts aus Erfahrung
> lernen.
> -- George Bernard Shaw
Hi Christian.

I tested your patch and it worked perfectly for my use case, that is, to edit some assembly files.

Would be great to see this patch go upstream.

If you need any help in making that happen let me know.

Best regards,
Gustavo

Re: Variable tabstop size

Christian Brabandt

On Mi, 25 Apr 2018, Gustavo Ribeiro Croscato wrote:

> I tested your patch and it worked perfectly for my use case, that is, to edit some assembly files.
>
> Would be great to see this patch go upstream.
>
> If you need any help in making that happen let me know.

Great. Please leave a comment at that PR so that we have the demand
documented :)

I see, there is already a merge conflict. Will try to find time to fix
this later.

Best,
Christian
--
Der eine: "Kalt heute, nicht?"
Der andere: "Willst Du mich aushorchen?"