Variable values not being set from .vimrc/.gvimrc when starting from Finder

Variable values not being set from .vimrc/.gvimrc when starting from Finder

Rich Hammett
Specifically, my softtabstop=2 is not being set when I start from "Open with..." on the python file I'm editing.  It is being set to 4, but I can't tell if that is a default value, or if it's being set elsewhere.  I don't know much about the sequence of initializing these values when I start the program.

When I start it directly from Finder (MacVim, not using "Open with..."), it gets my values from .vimrc.

I tried to search the archives, but didn't find anything.

Thanks for any clues!

Rich Hammett