ViEmu for MS Word?

Suresh Govindachar`

Hello,

  www.ViEmu.com is a vi/vim emulation for Microsoft Visual Studio.
  Is it possible to have such a thing for MS Word?

  Thanks,

  --Suresh

Re: ViEmu for MS Word?

Raimon Grau
There is a very basic aproach of MSWord vi emulation in
http://dready.org/blog/section/viword
it's a macro that binds keys and tries to simulate modes....
Unfortunately, it doesn't work for non US keyboards (in fact, it
works, but  expecting an US-kb layout).

HTH,

Raimon Grau

Re: ViEmu for MS Word?

George V. Reilly
"Suresh Govindachar" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>    www.ViEmu.com is a vi/vim emulation for Microsoft Visual Studio.
>    Is it possible to have such a thing for MS Word?

Try viWord: http://www.dready.org/blog/section/viword/

I tried viWord a while ago, but didn't like it very much. It's been months since I uninstalled it, so I can't remember the details.

I'm playing with ViEmu right now. So far, so good.
--
/George V. Reilly  mailto:[hidden email]
http://www.georgevreilly.com/blog/

Re: ViEmu for MS Word?

jn-4
Hello Suresh,

Thanks for the interest. ViEmu for Word is not currently planned, but it's
possible. I'm currently finishing a new "retargetable" vi/vim emulation
core for the next major version ViEmu, based on pretty general C++
templates, which should make it much easier to add vi/vim emulation to any
app.

I believe there is a free plugin for MS Word, called "viWord", which
provided some basic emulation - but I think it was quite primitive (didn't
try it out though).

By the way, best regards to everyone on the vim list. I'm a regular
reader, though not a contributor - I'm way below the level of expertise
there!

Best,

  NGEDIT Software

[PS: I tried replying a while ago, but I'm resending from the address from
which I'm subscribed to the list to see whether it goes through...]