View dotted lines TABS

Manuel Ramos
Hello all.
first, sorry for my English.
I'm searching and searching but can't find, i'm new to this list, so I want to ask you a
newbie question.
I'm using vim in Debian Squeeze, so how do I get my code files are displayed as dotted
lines the
TABS.

example:  I want to look like this.

#include <stdio.h>
int main (int argc, const char * argv [])
{
........ printf("***************\n");
........ printf(" Hello World\n");
........ if (/ * condition * /) {
................/* Code * /
................/* Code */
........}
....... return 0;
}

I want to display the indentation line as dotted lines "........" .

thank!
--
Manuel Ramos
GPG-Id: 20BF5F2C

Re: View dotted lines TABS

Magnus Woldrich
>I want to display the indentation line as dotted lines "........" .

See :h 'listchars.

--
│ Magnus Woldrich
[hidden email]

Re: View dotted lines TABS

Jean-Rene David-2
* Manuel Ramos [2011.11.14 23:30]:

> example:  I want to look like this.
>
> #include <stdio.h>
> int main (int argc, const char * argv [])
> {
> ........ printf("***************\n");
> ........ printf(" Hello World\n");
> ........ if (/ * condition * /) {
> ................/* Code * /
> ................/* Code */
> ........}
> ....... return 0;
> }
:set listchars=tab:..

:set list

--
JR

Re: View dotted lines TABS

Matteo Landi-2
:set listchars=tab:..

Otherwise, if for example you want your tabs to look like this (a
greater-than symbol, followed by multiple dashes):

int
main(int ac, char **av)
{
>---print("Hello, world!");