Vim 25 birthday presentation

Bram Moolenaar

Hello Vim users!

On November 2nd I did a presentation about Vim at Google Zurich.
This is exactly 25 years since the first public version of Vim was
built.

The presentation gives an overview of Vim history and highlights the
important choices that were made.  With background information on
my personal life and what was the state of computing, the context in
which Vim was developed.

It took a while to get the video and clean it up for publication.  You
can only see the slides and what is presented, unfortunately the camera
recording quality was not good so I could not use it.

You can find it here: https://youtu.be/ayc_qpB-93o

Happy Vimming!

115. You are late picking up your kid from school and try to explain
     to the teacher you were stuck in Web traffic.

Re: Vim 25 birthday presentation

Ben Fritz
On Wednesday, December 14, 2016 at 1:40:12 PM UTC-6, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
> Hello Vim users!
>
> On November 2nd I did a presentation about Vim at Google Zurich.
> This is exactly 25 years since the first public version of Vim was
> built.

Wow, a quarter of a century! Congratulations, Bram, on starting such a successful project!

Re: Vim 25 birthday presentation

Peter Shenkin
+1

-P.