Quantcast

Vim highligh not working properly with different colorschemes

Vim highligh not working properly with different colorschemes

Philip Stefanov
Hello all,
I have following config in .vimrc

" Show trailing whitespace and spaces before a tab
highlight ExtraWhitespace ctermbg=red
match ExtraWhitespace /\s\+$\| \+\ze\t/

colorscheme desert

This is working fine with default and evening colorscheme
but not with desert with is my favorite :)
How can i fix it ?

Regards.

Re: Vim highligh not working properly with different colorschemes

h_east
Hi Philip,

2017-1-7(Sat) 12:58:20 UTC+9 Philip Stefanov:

> Hello all,
> I have following config in .vimrc
>
> " Show trailing whitespace and spaces before a tab
> highlight ExtraWhitespace ctermbg=red
> match ExtraWhitespace /\s\+$\| \+\ze\t/
>
> colorscheme desert
>
> This is working fine with default and evening colorscheme
> but not with desert with is my favorite :)
> How can i fix it ?
To be on the safe side, It is better to reset the attribute of `cterm` by specifying `NONE`.

highlight ExtraWhitespace ctermbg=red cterm=NONE

See the following help.
:h highlight-cterm
:h attr-list

Hirohito Higashi (a.k.a. h_east)

Re: Vim highligh not working properly with different colorschemes

Philip Stefanov
Hello Hirohito,

Good to know thank you.
However this does not helped in my case, seems like
most schemes have their own opinion about colors.
I ended up using this mapping

map <F2> :set syntax=whitespace

It is pretty nice showing spaces in red + tabs in green :)

Regards.