Vim leaves 5 lines on top/bottom when the commands L, H, M, zb, zt

Vim leaves 5 lines on top/bottom when the commands L, H, M, zb, zt

Alexey Demin
Hi,

I'd like to know is it the correct behavior of VIM when in diffmode it doesn't handle L, H, M, zb, zt, ... commands according to the documentation. It leaves 5 lines top/bottom respectively.

One might reproduce it with comparing two files via "vim -d first second", scroll 2 pages down and use zb, zt commands in Normal-mode.

So, Is it expected behavior? Does the documentation has any notes about it?

Re: Vim leaves 5 lines on top/bottom when the commands L, H, M, zb, zt

Tony Mechelynck
On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 6:39 PM Alexey Demin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to know is it the correct behavior of VIM when in diffmode it doesn't handle L, H, M, zb, zt, ... commands according to the documentation. It leaves 5 lines top/bottom respectively.
>
> One might reproduce it with comparing two files via "vim -d first second", scroll 2 pages down and use zb, zt commands in Normal-mode.
>
> So, Is it expected behavior? Does the documentation has any notes about it?

Yes, it is expected and configurable. See :help 'scrolloff'

Re: Vim leaves 5 lines on top/bottom when the commands L, H, M, zb, zt

Alexey Demin
Thank you!