Vim modes state diagram

Yegappan Lakshmanan
Hi,

I came across this state diagram for the different Vim modes in a recent
reddit thread:

https://rawgit.com/darcyparker/1886716/raw/vimModeStateDiagram.svg

This looked interesting so posting it here for future reference.

- Yegappan

Re: Vim modes state diagram

Eike Rathke-3
Hi,

On Tuesday, 2018-11-13 07:25:46 -0800, Yegappan Lakshmanan wrote:

> https://rawgit.com/darcyparker/1886716/raw/vimModeStateDiagram.svg

Great one.
Also note that "most of the nodes in this graph have clickable
hyperlinks to documentation."

In case RawGit goes away (next year as announced on the main
page) the source is at https://gist.github.com/darcyparker/1886716

The renderable SVG is now also archived by the Wayback Machine
https://web.archive.org/web/20181113195124/https://rawgit.com/darcyparker/1886716/raw/vimModeStateDiagram.svg

  Eike

--
OpenPGP/GnuPG encrypted mail preferred in all private communication.
GPG key 0x6A6CD5B765632D3A - 2265 D7F3 A7B0 95CC 3918  630B 6A6C D5B7 6563 2D3A

Re: Vim modes state diagram

Yegappan Lakshmanan
Hi,

On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 12:29 PM Eike Rathke <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tuesday, 2018-11-13 07:25:46 -0800, Yegappan Lakshmanan wrote:
>
> > https://rawgit.com/darcyparker/1886716/raw/vimModeStateDiagram.svg
>
> Great one.
> Also note that "most of the nodes in this graph have clickable
> hyperlinks to documentation."

Yes. But the links are pointing to the old Vim 7.3 documentation at the
http://vimdoc.sourceforge.net site. This site needs to be updated to
point to the latest documentation.

- Yegappan

> In case RawGit goes away (next year as announced on the main
> page) the source is at https://gist.github.com/darcyparker/1886716
>
> The renderable SVG is now also archived by the Wayback Machine
> https://web.archive.org/web/20181113195124/https://rawgit.com/darcyparker/1886716/raw/vimModeStateDiagram.svg
>
>   Eike

Re: Vim modes state diagram

Efraim Yawitz

On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 5:26 PM Yegappan Lakshmanan <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I came across this state diagram for the different Vim modes in a recent
reddit thread:

https://rawgit.com/darcyparker/1886716/raw/vimModeStateDiagram.svg

This looked interesting so posting it here for future reference.

- Yegappan

--

Does anyone know how this was produced?

Re: Vim modes state diagram

Lifepillar
On 2018-11-14, Efraim Yawitz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 5:26 PM Yegappan Lakshmanan <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I came across this state diagram for the different Vim modes in a recent
>> reddit thread:
>>
>> https://rawgit.com/darcyparker/1886716/raw/vimModeStateDiagram.svg
>>
>> This looked interesting so posting it here for future reference.
>>
>> - Yegappan
>>
>> --
>>

> Does anyone know how this was produced?

Looking at the SVG source, it appears to have been generated by ySVG,
which is an extension of yFiles. So, it has likely been created in some
Java drawing app. My best guess is yED.

Life.