Vim online conference is this weekend

Yegappan Lakshmanan
Hi,

The Vim online conference is this weekend:

- Yegappan

Re: Vim online conference is this weekend

Yegappan Lakshmanan
Hi,

On Tue, Sep 1, 2020 at 9:09 AM Thomas Köhler <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

On Tue, Sep 01, 2020 at 08:19:12AM -0700, Yegappan Lakshmanan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The Vim online conference is this weekend:
>
> https://hopin.to/events/vimconf-live

unfortunately, this weekend it's impossible for me to join. Will
recordings be available for viewing later?

I don't know. I just forwarded the event link to the list. There may be information
about this at the above site.

Regards,
Yegappan

Re: Vim online conference - schedule.txt

Sven Guckes-3
* Yegappan Lakshmanan <[hidden email]> [2020-09-01 18:14]:
> The Vim online conference is this weekend:
> https://hopin.to/events/vimconf-live

here are some more links to the vimconf:

  eventname: Vim Conference 2020
  duration: 2020-09-05+06 Sat+Sun
  homepage: https://www.vimconf.live/
  webpage:  https://hopin.to/events/vimconf-live
  schedule: https://hopin.to/events/vimconf-live#schedule
  speakers: https://hopin.to/events/vimconf-live#speakers
  twitter:  @VimconfLive #vimconf
  stream:   https://discord.gg/Cz9J4ZD

here is my version of the schedule (text/plain and text/html):
  schedule: http://www.guckes.net/vimconf/schedule.txt
  schedule: http://www.guckes.net/vimconf/schedule.html

apropos:  does anyone have a way to turn those
calendar files (ics) into a table like i did?

here is that ICS file:
calendar_shorturl: https://tinyurl.com/vimconf ->
calendar: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/c_pmamnjmfa6b2ii3v1ei1te5mm4%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics

greetings from IN-Berlin in Berlin
Sven

--
name: Vim User Group Berlin www.vimberlin.de
tags: @vimberlin #vimberlin (#vim #berlin)

Re: Vim online conference - schedule.txt

Bram Moolenaar

Sven wrote:

> * Yegappan Lakshmanan <[hidden email]> [2020-09-01 18:14]:
> > The Vim online conference is this weekend:
> > https://hopin.to/events/vimconf-live
>
> here are some more links to the vimconf:
>
>   eventname: Vim Conference 2020
>   duration: 2020-09-05+06 Sat+Sun
>   homepage: https://www.vimconf.live/
>   webpage:  https://hopin.to/events/vimconf-live
>   schedule: https://hopin.to/events/vimconf-live#schedule
>   speakers: https://hopin.to/events/vimconf-live#speakers
>   twitter:  @VimconfLive #vimconf
>   stream:   https://discord.gg/Cz9J4ZD
>
> here is my version of the schedule (text/plain and text/html):
>   schedule: http://www.guckes.net/vimconf/schedule.txt
>   schedule: http://www.guckes.net/vimconf/schedule.html
>
> apropos:  does anyone have a way to turn those
> calendar files (ics) into a table like i did?
>
> here is that ICS file:
> calendar_shorturl: https://tinyurl.com/vimconf ->
> calendar: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/c_pmamnjmfa6b2ii3v1ei1te5mm4%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics

That works, but there are no links in the events.

Is it possible to just watch without registering?  The Terms &
Conditions take some time to read...

--
Q: How does a UNIX Guru pick up a girl?
A: look; grep; which; eval; nice; uname; talk; date;

Re: Vim online conference - hopin.to account required

Sven Guckes-3
* Bram Moolenaar <[hidden email]> [2020-09-05 14:00]:
> Sven wrote:
> > here are some more links to the vimconf:
> >   homepage: https://www.vimconf.live/
> >   webpage:  https://hopin.to/events/vimconf-live
> That works, but there are no links in the events.

i dont think the talks can be linked individually at all. :-/
in case i am missing these - please let me know so i can add them

> Is it possible to just watch without registering?
> The Terms & Conditions take some time to read...

official word:

  ABD  Today at 3:39 PM:
  @guckes unfortunately not, you need to register
  for hopin.to's service to enter the conference
  it's free of course, but unfortunately
  you do need an account

by the way:

  Vimconf.live
  Sep 5, 6:00PM to Sep 6, 6:00PM CEST
  949 people attending

join us! :)

Sven

--
Vim Conference 2020 -- Sat+Sun 5+6 Sep 2020
https://www.vimconf.live/   #vimconf

Sven wrote:

> * Bram Moolenaar <[hidden email]> [2020-09-05 14:00]:
> > Sven wrote:
> > > here are some more links to the vimconf:
> > >   homepage: https://www.vimconf.live/
> > >   webpage:  https://hopin.to/events/vimconf-live
> > That works, but there are no links in the events.
>
> i dont think the talks can be linked individually at all. :-/
> in case i am missing these - please let me know so i can add them

I can't find links to individual talks, best I could find is a link to
the agenda: https://www.vimconf.live/#agenda

> > Is it possible to just watch without registering?
> > The Terms & Conditions take some time to read...
>
> official word:
>
>   ABD  Today at 3:39 PM:
>   @guckes unfortunately not, you need to register
>   for hopin.to's service to enter the conference
>   it's free of course, but unfortunately
>   you do need an account
>
> by the way:
>
>   Vimconf.live
>   Sep 5, 6:00PM to Sep 6, 6:00PM CEST
>   949 people attending
>
> join us! :)

I'm probably not the only one who can't watch live.
I would prefer a recording, so I can watch at a time my own choice.
Hopefully the recordings will be made available, e.g. on youtube, which
doesn't require an account.
Having the presentation slides available would also be nice.

Anyway, I appreciate setting up the conference!

--
ARTHUR:  Bloody peasant!
DENNIS:  Oh, what a give away.  Did you hear that, did you hear that, eh?

Re: Vim online conference - hopin.to account required

Tekki-2
They will upload all sessions to vimconf.live after the event.

Bram Moolenaar schrieb am Samstag, 5. September 2020 um 17:04:22 UTC+2:

Sven wrote:

> * Bram Moolenaar <[hidden email]> [2020-09-05 14:00]:
> > Sven wrote:
> > > here are some more links to the vimconf:
> > > homepage: https://www.vimconf.live/
> > > webpage: https://hopin.to/events/vimconf-live
> > That works, but there are no links in the events.
>
> i dont think the talks can be linked individually at all. :-/
> in case i am missing these - please let me know so i can add them

I can't find links to individual talks, best I could find is a link to
the agenda: https://www.vimconf.live/#agenda

> > Is it possible to just watch without registering?
> > The Terms & Conditions take some time to read...
>
> official word:
>
> ABD Today at 3:39 PM:
> @guckes unfortunately not, you need to register
> for hopin.to's service to enter the conference
> it's free of course, but unfortunately
> you do need an account
>
> by the way:
>
> Vimconf.live
> Sep 5, 6:00PM to Sep 6, 6:00PM CEST
> 949 people attending
>
> join us! :)

I'm probably not the only one who can't watch live.
I would prefer a recording, so I can watch at a time my own choice.
Hopefully the recordings will be made available, e.g. on youtube, which
doesn't require an account.
Having the presentation slides available would also be nice.

Anyway, I appreciate setting up the conference!

--
ARTHUR: Bloody peasant!
DENNIS: Oh, what a give away. Did you hear that, did you hear that, eh?
That's what I'm on about -- did you see him repressing me, you saw it
didn't you?

/// Bram Moolenaar -- [hidden email] -- http://www.Moolenaar.net \\\

Re: Vim online conference - hopin.to account required

russurquhart1
Where are all the Vim Conference videos. They look like they have all been taken down?

Thanks,

Russ

Sven wrote:

> * Bram Moolenaar <[hidden email]> [2020-09-05 14:00]:
> > Sven wrote:
> > > here are some more links to the vimconf:
> > > homepage: https://www.vimconf.live/
> > > webpage: https://hopin.to/events/vimconf-live
> > That works, but there are no links in the events.
>
> i dont think the talks can be linked individually at all. :-/
> in case i am missing these - please let me know so i can add them

I can't find links to individual talks, best I could find is a link to
the agenda: https://www.vimconf.live/#agenda

> > Is it possible to just watch without registering?
> > The Terms & Conditions take some time to read...
>
> official word:
>
> ABD Today at 3:39 PM:
> @guckes unfortunately not, you need to register
> for hopin.to's service to enter the conference
> it's free of course, but unfortunately
> you do need an account
>
> by the way:
>
> Vimconf.live
> Sep 5, 6:00PM to Sep 6, 6:00PM CEST
> 949 people attending
>
> join us! :)

I'm probably not the only one who can't watch live.
I would prefer a recording, so I can watch at a time my own choice.
Hopefully the recordings will be made available, e.g. on youtube, which
doesn't require an account.
Having the presentation slides available would also be nice.

Anyway, I appreciate setting up the conference!

--
ARTHUR: Bloody peasant!
DENNIS: Oh, what a give away. Did you hear that, did you hear that, eh?
That's what I'm on about -- did you see him repressing me, you saw it
didn't you?

/// Bram Moolenaar -- [hidden email] -- http://www.Moolenaar.net \\\

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/bcd44349-03d8-40ae-b480-06d399ebdd85n%40googlegroups.com
.

Re: Vim online conference - hopin.to account required

Richard Mitchell

On Saturday, September 26, 2020 at 2:51:39 PM UTC-4, russur wrote:
Where are all the Vim Conference videos. They look like they have all been taken down?

Thanks,

Russ

Try going to:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLcTu2VkAIIWzD2kicFNHN2c35XQCeZdsv

If that doesn't work, goto youtube and search for VimConf 2020.

I think there was an ownership issue with having videos posted elsewhere,  the solution was for presenters to post their videos directly on youtube.

I was only half paying attention, so that may bear no resemblance to reality.

the agenda: <a rel="nofollow" shape="rect" href="https://www.vimconf.live/#agenda" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fwww.vimconf.live%2F%23agenda\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFC4oZ_7UYhMzRpFbIgvGvtULS2Ig&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fwww.vimconf.live%2F%23agenda\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFC4oZ_7UYhMzRpFbIgvGvtULS2Ig&#39;;return true;">https://www.vimconf.live/#agenda

> > Is it possible to just watch without registering?
> > The Terms & Conditions take some time to read...
>
> official word:
>
> ABD Today at 3:39 PM:
> @guckes unfortunately not, you need to register
> for <a rel="nofollow" shape="rect" href="http://hopin.to/" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fhopin.to%2F\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNEFx_NW4CSGL_t4wxSXcQ3Hg2ITTQ&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fhopin.to%2F\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNEFx_NW4CSGL_t4wxSXcQ3Hg2ITTQ&#39;;return true;">hopin.to's service to enter the conference
> it's free of course, but unfortunately
> you do need an account
>
> by the way:
>
> Vimconf.live
> Sep 5, 6:00PM to Sep 6, 6:00PM CEST
> 949 people attending
>
> join us! :)

I'm probably not the only one who can't watch live.
I would prefer a recording, so I can watch at a time my own choice.
Hopefully the recordings will be made available, e.g. on youtube, which
doesn't require an account.
Having the presentation slides available would also be nice.

Anyway, I appreciate setting up the conference!

--
ARTHUR: Bloody peasant!
DENNIS: Oh, what a give away. Did you hear that, did you hear that, eh?
That's what I'm on about -- did you see him repressing me, you saw it
didn't you?

/// Bram Moolenaar -- [hidden email] -- <a rel="nofollow" shape="rect" href="http://www.moolenaar.net/" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.moolenaar.net%2F\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFLgty51UFLNRiVjoGEILTY3lKPjg&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.moolenaar.net%2F\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFLgty51UFLNRiVjoGEILTY3lKPjg&#39;;return true;">http://www.Moolenaar.net \\\

/// sponsor Vim, vote for features -- <a rel="nofollow" shape="rect" href="http://www.vim.org/sponsor/" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.vim.org%2Fsponsor%2F\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFMtMYOi09H_2RaHIAE_nQPD5Wtsw&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.vim.org%2Fsponsor%2F\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFMtMYOi09H_2RaHIAE_nQPD5Wtsw&#39;;return true;">http://www.Vim.org/sponsor/ \\\
\\\ an exciting new programming language -- <a rel="nofollow" shape="rect" href="http://www.zimbu.org/" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.zimbu.org%2F\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNEBGZsQCwtenkb5LOHsxEV4dBgzWA&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.zimbu.org%2F\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNEBGZsQCwtenkb5LOHsxEV4dBgzWA&#39;;return true;">http://www.Zimbu.org ///
\\\ help me help AIDS victims -- <a rel="nofollow" shape="rect" href="http://iccf-holland.org/" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Ficcf-holland.org%2F\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNGSAuTBMb_l_b2gVSaSMGmVRbfbKg&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Ficcf-holland.org%2F\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNGSAuTBMb_l_b2gVSaSMGmVRbfbKg&#39;;return true;">http://ICCF-Holland.org ///
For more information, visit <a rel="nofollow" shape="rect" href="http://www.vim.org/maillist.php" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.vim.org%2Fmaillist.php\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNH_i_vTWvOy2_ml2WNZwm9vDnSvaA&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.vim.org%2Fmaillist.php\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNH_i_vTWvOy2_ml2WNZwm9vDnSvaA&#39;;return true;">http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to <a rel="nofollow" shape="rect" href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="B4c6txSdCAAJ" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">vim...@googlegroups.com.
<a rel="nofollow" shape="rect" href="https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/bcd44349-03d8-40ae-b480-06d399ebdd85n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&amp;utm_source=footer" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/bcd44349-03d8-40ae-b480-06d399ebdd85n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium\x3demail\x26utm_source\x3dfooter&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/bcd44349-03d8-40ae-b480-06d399ebdd85n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium\x3demail\x26utm_source\x3dfooter&#39;;return true;">https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/bcd44349-03d8-40ae-b480-06d399ebdd85n%40googlegroups.com
.

Re: Vim online conference - hopin.to account required

russurquhart1
I think that works as well as the other responses1

Thanks!!!

Russ

Sven wrote:

> * Bram Moolenaar <[hidden email]> [2020-09-05 14:00]:
> > Sven wrote:
> > > here are some more links to the vimconf:
> > > homepage: https://www.vimconf.live/
> > > webpage: https://hopin.to/events/ vimconf-live
> > That works, but there are no links in the events.
>
> i dont think the talks can be linked individually at all. :-/
> in case i am missing these - please let me know so i can add them

I can't find links to individual talks, best I could find is a link to
the agenda: https://www.vimconf.live/# agenda

> > Is it possible to just watch without registering?
> > The Terms & Conditions take some time to read...
>
> official word:
>
> ABD Today at 3:39 PM:
> @guckes unfortunately not, you need to register
> for hopin.to's service to enter the conference
> it's free of course, but unfortunately
> you do need an account
>
> by the way:
>
> Vimconf.live
> Sep 5, 6:00PM to Sep 6, 6:00PM CEST
> 949 people attending
>
> join us! :)

I'm probably not the only one who can't watch live.
I would prefer a recording, so I can watch at a time my own choice.
Hopefully the recordings will be made available, e.g. on youtube, which
doesn't require an account.
Having the presentation slides available would also be nice.

Anyway, I appreciate setting up the conference!

--
ARTHUR: Bloody peasant!
DENNIS: Oh, what a give away. Did you hear that, did you hear that, eh?
That's what I'm on about -- did you see him repressing me, you saw it
didn't you?

/// Bram Moolenaar -- [hidden email] -- http://www.Moolenaar.net \\\

For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist. php

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/af7ec1be-3697-498f-b4af-ed9012e498f5o%40googlegroups.com
.

Re: Vim online conference - downloading talks from playlist

Sven Guckes-3
https://nitter.net/guckes/status/1303443706368929792#m

# download playlist of #VimConf 2020:
LIST='https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLcTu2VkAIIWzD2kicFNHN2c35XQCeZdsv'
TEMPLATE='%(upload_date)s.%(id)s.%(duration)s.%(title)s.%(ext)s'
youtube-dl -f 18 --restrict-filenames -o $TEMPLATE $LIST

worked for me :)

Sven