VimGDB

Jingzhao Ou
Dear all,

I want to use GDB within Vim, similar to what is provided by Emacs.
There is a plugin called VimGDB, which looks very cool. However, in
order to use it, I will need to patch and recompile Vim, which seems
to be quite some work for a newbie. I wonder if any one can give me
some suggestions on this issue.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,
Jingzhao

Re: VimGDB

François Pinard
[Jingzhao Ou]

> I want to use GDB within Vim, similar to what is provided by Emacs.
> There is a plugin called VimGDB, which looks very cool. However, in
> order to use it, I will need to patch and recompile Vim, which seems
> to be quite some work for a newbie. I wonder if any one can give me
> some suggestions on this issue.

Another possible avenue is to try Agide, if it happens to work fo you.
It does not yet for me, but I do not have much time to push on it.  It
may be that this is what Bram himself uses for debugging C code, and
guess what (!), Agide and Vim are meant to closely cooperate.

Visit http://www.a-a-p.org/index.html and use only your right eye! :-)

--
Fran?ois Pinard   http://pinard.progiciels-bpi.ca