VimWiki - released finally

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

VimWiki - released finally

Sebastian Menge
[cross-posted to vim, vim-dev, vim-announce, wikia-l]

Hi all

Finally I have imported all the vim tips from http://vim.org/tips to

    http://vim.wikia.com

and set up a minimal infrastructure to keep things going. Not everything
is perfect, but I think it is usable now.

Thanks to all the support from [hidden email] and especially to the very
kind wikia community (#wikia on freenode and the mailing list,
Greetings!).

Some words on contribution: A good wiki depends on two main factors:
Excellent content and a lively community. We have a lot of good content
now, but to make it excellent we need You!

If you ever posted a tip or a comment to the old tips database, please
have a look at it on the wiki, and review the page. Every little bit
helps!

See you on the wiki, Sebastian.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: VimWiki - released finally

fREW Schmidt
On 6/5/07, Sebastian Menge <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [cross-posted to vim, vim-dev, vim-announce, wikia-l]
>
> Hi all
>
> Finally I have imported all the vim tips from http://vim.org/tips to
>
>     http://vim.wikia.com
>
> and set up a minimal infrastructure to keep things going. Not everything
> is perfect, but I think it is usable now.
>
> Thanks to all the support from [hidden email] and especially to the very
> kind wikia community (#wikia on freenode and the mailing list,
> Greetings!).
>
> Some words on contribution: A good wiki depends on two main factors:
> Excellent content and a lively community. We have a lot of good content
> now, but to make it excellent we need You!
>
> If you ever posted a tip or a comment to the old tips database, please
> have a look at it on the wiki, and review the page. Every little bit
> helps!
>
> See you on the wiki, Sebastian.
>
>

I am EXCITED!

--
-fREW
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: VimWiki - released finally

Nico Weber-3
In reply to this post by Sebastian Menge
Hi,

> Finally I have imported all the vim tips from http://vim.org/tips to
>
>     http://vim.wikia.com

if you must have ads, would it be possible to go with text-only ads?  
Additionally, the "Digg this story" button at the bottom is stupid ;-)

Just my destructive 2 cents,
Nico

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: VimWiki - released finally

Robert Lee-7
In reply to this post by Sebastian Menge
Sebastian,

Why not utilize the "talk:" pages for the comments (see discussion tab
at top of each wiki page)?

Just curious.

-Robert

Sebastian Menge wrote:

> [cross-posted to vim, vim-dev, vim-announce, wikia-l]
>
> Hi all
>
> Finally I have imported all the vim tips from http://vim.org/tips to
>
>     http://vim.wikia.com
>
> and set up a minimal infrastructure to keep things going. Not everything
> is perfect, but I think it is usable now.
>
> Thanks to all the support from [hidden email] and especially to the very
> kind wikia community (#wikia on freenode and the mailing list,
> Greetings!).
>
> Some words on contribution: A good wiki depends on two main factors:
> Excellent content and a lively community. We have a lot of good content
> now, but to make it excellent we need You!
>
> If you ever posted a tip or a comment to the old tips database, please
> have a look at it on the wiki, and review the page. Every little bit
> helps!
>
> See you on the wiki, Sebastian.
>
>
>  

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: VimWiki - released finally

Larson, David
> Sebastian,
>
> Why not utilize the "talk:" pages for the comments (see
> discussion tab at top of each wiki page)?
>
> Just curious.
>
> -Robert

Lets avoid using the vim-announce mailing list for a discussing of vim
wiki and stick to vim-dev.

David
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: VimWiki - released finally

Robert Cussons
In reply to this post by fREW Schmidt
> On 6/5/07, Sebastian Menge <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> [cross-posted to vim, vim-dev, vim-announce, wikia-l]
>>
>> Hi all
>>
>> Finally I have imported all the vim tips from http://vim.org/tips to
>>
>>     http://vim.wikia.com
>>
>> and set up a minimal infrastructure to keep things going. Not everything
>> is perfect, but I think it is usable now.
>>
>> Thanks to all the support from [hidden email] and especially to the very
>> kind wikia community (#wikia on freenode and the mailing list,
>> Greetings!).
>>
>> Some words on contribution: A good wiki depends on two main factors:
>> Excellent content and a lively community. We have a lot of good content
>> now, but to make it excellent we need You!
>>
>> If you ever posted a tip or a comment to the old tips database, please
>> have a look at it on the wiki, and review the page. Every little bit
>> helps!
>>
>> See you on the wiki, Sebastian.
>>
>>
>

Very good work Sebastian, it looks great to me.

I have already come across a new tip on vim wikia that I hadn't known
anything about which I thought I might draw programmer's attention to
(sorry if you already know about it). Tip #1267, which is a tip to
enable a programmer to see (by a simple key combination of his/her
choice), in which function they are. Very useful if you have just landed
in the middle of a long function during a search for example, you know
longer have to move around inside the buffer to find which function you
are in, just type your chosen key combination: see
http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Show_current_function_name_(for_C_programmers)
if you are interested.

Thanks very much to the original author of the tip and to everyone who
has contributed to setting up the vim wikia.
Rob.