Weighted Checkboxes, better syntax

Noel Henson
Here is a different version of checkboxes that uses a different syntax for
weighting. Instead of n%w, where w is the weight, it uses a ~w at the end
of the line. This is much more readable and non-vo-user friendly when
reports are generated.

Let me know what you think.

Noel

vo_checkbox.vim (13K) Download Attachment

Re: Weighted Checkboxes, better syntax

Frédéric Heulin
Hi guys !

I think we should not use both start and end of line because it reduces possible names for the outlines.
I would rather prefer something like "[_] 4x60% outline" which anyone can easily guess the meaning.

Fredd.

Re: Weighted Checkboxes, better syntax

Henrik Holst-5
Sorry, a off-topic question:

How do you use the "internal RCS" format?

--
Henrik Holst, Sweden      | TYPING IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR THINKING
holst CHR(64) matmech.com | - A Manual for BASIC,

On Thursday 18 September 2008, Henrik Holst wrote:
> Sorry, a off-topic question:
>
> How do you use the "internal RCS" format?

Henrik,

I'm afraid I don't understand the question. Can you elaborate a bit?

Noel

Re: Weighted Checkboxes, better syntax

Steve Litt
My main concern is that the final syntax be backward compatible with the good
old 89%.

SteveT

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 07:19:06AM -0700, Noel Henson wrote:

> On Thursday 18 September 2008, Henrik Holst wrote:
>> Sorry, a off-topic question:
>>
>> How do you use the "internal RCS" format?
>
> Henrik,
>
> I'm afraid I don't understand the question. Can you elaborate a bit?
>
> Noel

I saw in the source code you posted a note about "Internal RCS". I
always get file.c and file.c,v It would be more convenient to write the
data to file.c directly and just scrap the history, keeping only RCS tag
data (last changed, revision etc.)

--
Henrik Holst, Sweden      | TYPING IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR THINKING
holst CHR(64) matmech.com | - A Manual for BASIC,
                          |   Darthmouth College, 1 October 1964

Re: Weighted Checkboxes, better syntax

Noel Henson
That's just a note I put in myself so I can tell if the source came from my
RCS or from CVS. That's all.

Noel