Weird behaviour with folding in version 7.2.359

Weird behaviour with folding in version 7.2.359

Daniel Raneland
Hi,

I recently upgraded my system and installed the latest version of Vim on it. Now I'm experiencing quite weird behaviour with the project.tar.gz plugin. Whenever I enter the window opened by the plugin all the folds close - making it a hassle to use the plugin since I'll have to traverse all the folds to find the files I was working on.

I'm guessing this is because something has changed in Vim since I last upgraded since the plugin itself hasn't changed since sometime in 2006.

Any help in resolving this would be much appreciated since that particular plugin makes working with larger projects in Vim a lot easier for me.

Regards, Raniz

Re: Weird behaviour with folding in version 7.2.359

Lech Lorens
On 21-Feb-2010 Daniel Raneland <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I recently upgraded my system and installed the latest version of Vim on it.
> Now I'm experiencing quite weird behaviour with the project.tar.gz plugin.
> Whenever I enter the window opened by the plugin all the folds close -
> making it a hassle to use the plugin since I'll have to traverse all the
> folds to find the files I was working on.
>
> I'm guessing this is because something has changed in Vim since I last
> upgraded since the plugin itself hasn't changed since sometime in 2006.
>
> Any help in resolving this would be much appreciated since that particular
> plugin makes working with larger projects in Vim a lot easier for me.

This will probably be the fault of the 356 patch which introduced some
folding-related problems. It has been discussed here lately and
a solution has already been suggested and is awaiting Bram's approval.
Can you verify if you get the same problems with 7.2.355 and report back
if the problem persists?
Thanks!

--
Cheers,