Weird perl message started . .

philip_rhoades
People,

I am not sure what I did to my setup - and renaming my .vimrc file made
no difference but when I did:

   $ vim t

I got:

Can't locate bignum.pm in @INC (you may need to install the bignum
module) (@INC contains: /usr/local/lib64/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5
/usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl
/usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 .) at (eval 8) line 161.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 8) line 161.
Press ENTER or type command to continue

As root I installed the perl.bignum module and the problem went away -
but why did it start happening?  Why is vim calling perl somehow?

Thanks,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades