What license are we going to use for our documentation?

What license are we going to use for our documentation?

Steve Litt
Hi all,

What license are we going to use for our documentation?

SteveT

Steve Litt
Recession Relief Package
http://www.recession-relief.US

Re: What license are we going to use for our documentation?

Andy Todd
Steve Litt wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> What license are we going to use for our documentation?
>
> SteveT
>
> Steve Litt
> Recession Relief Package
> http://www.recession-relief.US

How about the GNU Free Documentation License -
http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html

Regards,
Andy
--
 From the desk of Andrew J Todd esq - http://www.halfcooked.com/

Re: What license are we going to use for our documentation?

Ross Boylan
On Sat, 2008-10-18 at 09:00 +1100, Andy Todd wrote:

> Steve Litt wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > What license are we going to use for our documentation?
> >
> > SteveT
> >
> > Steve Litt
> > Recession Relief Package
> > http://www.recession-relief.US
> >

> How about the GNU Free Documentation License -
> http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html
>
> Regards,
> Andy
I think the GNU FDL is not considered free by Debian (because of it's
invariant sections).  This means such documentation can not go in the
main debian distribution, though it can be packaged separate for the
"non-free" section.

This information is not authoritative; for example GFDL without
invariants might be OK.

Ross Boylan