What's Noel's single tree view script?

Steve Litt
Hi all,

Noel has a script that articulates a single subtree. I need that script right
away. Anyone know where I can find it?

By the way, I still can't get on the vimoutliner.org website.

Thanks

SteveT

Steve Litt
Recession Relief Package
http://www.recession-relief.US

Re: What's Noel's single tree view script?

Steve Litt
On Friday 14 May 2010 17:29:24 Steve Litt wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Noel has a script that articulates a single subtree. I need that script
>  right away. Anyone know where I can find it?
>
> By the way, I still can't get on the vimoutliner.org website.
>
> Thanks
>
> SteveT

I still need to know eventually, but it's no longer urgent. I kludged out with
printbringtree.awk:

==========================
#!/usr/bin/gawk -We

BEGIN{printit=0}

/^[^[:space:]]/ {printit=0}
/^\[_\][[:space:]]*[[:digit:]]*%[[:space:]]Bring*/{printit=1}
printit==1{
        print $0
}
==========================

I invoke it like this:

cat pitts_bring.otl | printbringtree.awk | grep \[_\] |  grep -v %lastminute

Please sing along with me:

M-I-C
K-E-Y
M-O-U-S-E

Tell you what though -- VO is now an absolutely essential part of my packing
for business trips.

Thanks

SteveT

Steve Litt
Recession Relief Package
http://www.recession-relief.US

Re: What's Noel's single tree view script?

Carsten Hey-5
* Steve Litt [2010-05-14 17:29 -0400]:
> Noel has a script that articulates a single subtree. I need that
> script right away. Anyone know where I can find it?

Sounds like you were looking for otlgrep.py.

Such problems could be solved in future if someone would put vimoutliner
on github.

Regards
Carsten

Re: What's Noel's single tree view script?

Noel Henson
On Friday 14 May 2010 22:36:35 Steve Litt wrote:

> On Friday 14 May 2010 17:29:24 Steve Litt wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Noel has a script that articulates a single subtree. I need that script
> >  right away. Anyone know where I can find it?
> >
> > By the way, I still can't get on the vimoutliner.org website.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > SteveT
>
> I still need to know eventually, but it's no longer urgent. I kludged out
>  with printbringtree.awk:
>
> ==========================
> #!/usr/bin/gawk -We
>
> BEGIN{printit=0}
>
> /^[^[:space:]]/ {printit=0}
> /^\[_\][[:space:]]*[[:digit:]]*%[[:space:]]Bring*/{printit=1}
> printit==1{
> print $0
> }
> ==========================
>
> I invoke it like this:
>
> cat pitts_bring.otl | printbringtree.awk | grep \[_\] |  grep -v
>  %lastminute
>
> Please sing along with me:
>
> M-I-C
> K-E-Y
> M-O-U-S-E
>
> Tell you what though -- VO is now an absolutely essential part of my
>  packing for business trips.
>
> Thanks
>
> SteveT
>
> Steve Litt
> Recession Relief Package
> http://www.recession-relief.US
> Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/stevelitt

Steve,

I'm not quite sure which script you are referring to. What is it that you
needed to do?

Noel