What's the latest?

Gavin Sinclair
Hi folks,

It's been quiet on this list lately, but I noticed a few people have joined.

What's the status on completions?  Did everything get fixed and
included in Vim 7?

What about snippets?  Haven't heard about them for a while, but
coincidentally the most recently updated plugin on the website is
"snippetsEmu" [1], created by Felix Ingram.

Any outstanding indenting issues anyone wants to bring to my attention? :)

Finally, I'd love to be able to download a Windows build of gvim that
includes Ruby support.  Is it possible that the vim-ruby project could
distribute such a thing?  Does anyone have a binary they can send me?

Cheers,
Gavin

[1] http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=1318

Re: What's the latest?

Mark Guzman
Gavin Sinclair wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> It's been quiet on this list lately, but I noticed a few people have joined.
>
> What's the status on completions?  Did everything get fixed and
> included in Vim 7?
>
> What about snippets?  Haven't heard about them for a while, but
> coincidentally the most recently updated plugin on the website is
> "snippetsEmu" [1], created by Felix Ingram.
>
> Any outstanding indenting issues anyone wants to bring to my attention? :)
>
> Finally, I'd love to be able to download a Windows build of gvim that
> includes Ruby support.  Is it possible that the vim-ruby project could
> distribute such a thing?  Does anyone have a binary they can send me?

I've been maintaining a windows gvim build from the svn head, built with
ruby support.
http://blog.hasno.info/blog/segfault/2006/06/26/vim-7-0-35.html

Completions seem stable, there are a few issues that I've been handling
mainly involving peoples broken vim configs.
I'm working on adding support for in buffer method defines and
improving/fixing completion in rails views.
  --mark

--
sic transit gloria et adulescentia
blog | http://blog.hasno.info/blog

Re: What's the latest?

Nikolai Weibull-11
On 7/5/06, Gavin Sinclair <[hidden email]> wrote:

> What about snippets?  Haven't heard about them for a while, but
> coincidentally the most recently updated plugin on the website is
> "snippetsEmu" [1], created by Felix Ingram.

As far as I have determined, snippets that don't suck are impossible
to implement in Vim, as we don't have real persistent marks.  Having
something like Emacs's overlays would be sweet, but Bram didn't seem
interested, so someone'll have to write it for us.  And I am not
available.
(I'd much rather complete my own editor[1] than start trying to
understand Vim's internals.  I just can't read code with #ifdefs
everywhere.)

> Any outstanding indenting issues anyone wants to bring to my attention? :)

Probably, but  I am in "accepting patches only"-mode right now.

  nikolai

[1] http://git.bitwi.se/?p=ned.git;a=tree

Re: What's the latest?

Gavin Sinclair
On 7/6/06, Mark Guzman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > Finally, I'd love to be able to download a Windows build of gvim that
> > includes Ruby support.  Is it possible that the vim-ruby project could
> > distribute such a thing?  Does anyone have a binary they can send me?
>
> I've been maintaining a windows gvim build from the svn head, built with
> ruby support.
> http://blog.hasno.info/blog/segfault/2006/06/26/vim-7-0-35.html

That's awesome.  It even works!

Would it be OK for us to put that file on the vim-ruby webpage to make
it available for others in a nice convenient place?

I wonder if the RubyForge folks would like that.  Not that it would
attract a swarm of downloads, of course.

Gavin