Why MacVim still uses ruby 1.8.7 instead of ruby 2.0.0?

Why MacVim still uses ruby 1.8.7 instead of ruby 2.0.0?

Bert Chang
System ruby on Mavericks has been ruby 2.0.0.
But when I execute the following command in vim:

:ruby puts RUBY_VERSION

it gives me 1.8.7

I'm wondering why MacVim doesn't link to ruby 2.0.0?

Also, I'm wonder how can I build macvim with rbenv's ruby? I use homebrew to install macvim, and I don't see an option to configure this.

Thanks.

Re: Why MacVim still uses ruby 1.8.7 instead of ruby 2.0.0?

David Henderson

On 01 Aug 2014, at 21:25, Bert Chang <[hidden email]> wrote:

> System ruby on Mavericks has been ruby 2.0.0.
> But when I execute the following command in vim:
>
> :ruby puts RUBY_VERSION
>
> it gives me 1.8.7
>
> I'm wondering why MacVim doesn't link to ruby 2.0.0?
>
> Also, I'm wonder how can I build macvim with rbenv's ruby? I use homebrew to install macvim, and I don't see an option to configure this.
>
> Thanks.

Are you using the version compiled on Mavericks? I'm using snapshot 73 on Mavericks and when I run the above it returns '2.0.0'