Why do fullscreen tabs look different?

Fuad Saud
Just curious. These fullscreen tabs are really out of fashion :\

Screen Shot 2013-07-25 at 3.42.08 PM.png (21K) Download Attachment
Screen Shot 2013-07-25 at 3.42.18 PM.png (15K) Download Attachment

Re: Why do fullscreen tabs look different?

Björn Winckler
On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 8:49 PM, Fuad Saud wrote:
Just curious. These fullscreen tabs are really out of fashion :\

Because it was decided that the "metal" tab style only looks good when there is a window frame.

Björn

Re: Why do fullscreen tabs look different?

Fuad Saud
Is there a way to use metal tabs on fullscreen?

On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 7:32 PM, Fuad Saud wrote:
Is there a way to use metal tabs on fullscreen?

Sure, search for "setStyleNamed" inside "src/MacVim" and change "Unified" to "Metal" (there seem to be two of them), then recompile [1].

Björn

Re: Why do fullscreen tabs look different?

mrby-2
I will try to recompile, but it would be great if this can be changed in the official code repo as it is very hard to identify the active tab with current tab style in fullscreen.