Why is Menubar and Toolbar gone?

Joey Ling
I uninstalled Vim and Reinstall it, the Menubar and Toolbar is gone! See the Attachment!

=?UTF-8?B?UVHkupTnrJTmiKrlm77mnKrlkb3lkI0ucG5n?= (50K) Download Attachment

Re: Why is Menubar and Toolbar gone?

David Fishburn-2

On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 5:17 AM, Joey Ling <[hidden email]> wrote:
I uninstalled Vim and Reinstall it, the Menubar and Toolbar is gone! See the Attachment!

Depends on what your (g)vimrc settings are.
These are controlled via guioptions.

:h guioptions

 'm' Menu bar is present.
*'go-M'*
 'M' The system menu "$VIMRUNTIME/menu.vim" is not sourced.  Note
that this flag must be added in the .vimrc file, before
switching on syntax or filetype recognition (when the |gvimrc|
file is sourced the system menu has already been loaded; the
":syntax on" and ":filetype on" commands load the menu too).

To see what settings you have:
:set guioptions?

HTH,
David

Re: Why is Menubar and Toolbar gone?

Tony Mechelynck
On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 2:19 PM, David Fishburn <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 5:17 AM, Joey Ling <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I uninstalled Vim and Reinstall it, the Menubar and Toolbar is gone! See
>> the Attachment!
>>

> Depends on what your (g)vimrc settings are.
> These are controlled via guioptions.
>
> :h guioptions

>  'm' Menu bar is present.
> *'go-M'*
>  'M' The system menu "$VIMRUNTIME/menu.vim" is not sourced.  Note
> that this flag must be added in the .vimrc file, before
> switching on syntax or filetype recognition (when the |gvimrc|
> file is sourced the system menu has already been loaded; the
> ":syntax on" and ":filetype on" commands load the menu too).
>
> To see what settings you have:
> :set guioptions?
>
> HTH,
> David