Why the number of the yanked line is too many(may be over 22) the command line will not show if the line was copied ?

Why the number of the yanked line is too many(may be over 22) the command line will not show if the line was copied ?

Zhe Lee
I mean when I copy several line in the vim, the command line will show the lines has been yanked. But when number of yanked line is over 22(I test it), the command line will show nothing when the copy is done. But it becomes a little inconvenient for me that I don't know whether the copy is successful.
How to set the vim to show the yank is successful when the copy is done?

![1220111058.png](http://7xpvdr.com1.z0.glb.clouddn.com/1220111058.png)

Re: Why the number of the yanked line is too many(may be over 22) the command line will not show if the line was copied ?

Tim Chase
On 2016-12-19 19:14, Zhe Lee wrote:
> I mean when I copy several line in the vim, the command line will
> show the lines has been yanked. But when number of yanked line is
> over 22(I test it), the command line will show nothing when the
> copy is done. But it becomes a little inconvenient for me that I
> don't know whether the copy is successful. How to set the vim to
> show the yank is successful when the copy is done?

Have you tested it without any plugins or extra stuff?

I just tried the following

  $ vi -u NONE
  :help 'report'    " get to some place in the help
  3Y                " yank 3 lines
                    " correctly reports 3 lines yanked
  yG                " yank to the end of the document
                    " correctly reports 2698 lines yanked

so I suspect that you have something interfering with that reporting.

Re: Why the number of the yanked line is too many(may be over 22) the command line will not show if the line was copied ?

Shawn H Corey
On Mon, 19 Dec 2016 21:32:59 -0600
Tim Chase <[hidden email]> wrote:

> so I suspect that you have something interfering with that reporting.
>
> -tim

I'm running version 7.4 and I just tested it with 417 lines and it
reported 417 lines yanked.

--
Don't stop where the ink does.

        Shawn H Corey