Window ID Conventions

Charles Sheridan
Window ids in my use of Vim8 MacVim start their count at 1000 and increment by 1 with each new window.

Is this convention the same across Vim8 ?

Does anyone possibly recollect if this is a 'since forever' convention, and if not, which version of Vim introduced it ?

Regards, Charles

Re: Window ID Conventions

Yegappan Lakshmanan
Hi,

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 1:28 PM, Charles Sheridan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Window ids in my use of Vim8 MacVim start their count at 1000 and increment by 1 with each new window.
>
> Is this convention the same across Vim8 ?

Yes. But you should treat the window identifier as an opaque number.

> Does anyone possibly recollect if this is a 'since forever' convention, and if not,
> which version of Vim introduced it ?

This feature was introduced in Vim 7.4.1557.

Regards,
Yegappan

Re: Window ID Conventions

Charles Sheridan