Windows, Vim and command line copies

Kennedy, Marcus A.

All,

Not a novice user to VIM (btw, please delete the account [hidden email] if it didn't already as I'm not there anymore), but I have a noob question.

I'm now working in Windows -- and feeling dirty -- but within Konsole, I used to be able to copy and paste directly out of the vim command line.  Now, I have a text that I wanted to copy:  after set guifont, I get the text guifont=Courier_New:h8:cANSI:qDRAFT and wanted to copy it (which I can do now from LOOKOUT! since I've typed it in), but I would like to know how I can do this for the future.

This is GVim2 for Windows, version 8.1.1.

So sorry for the noob question, and thanks to all the developers for making my life in Windows easier by porting Vim to it!

Andy

Re: Windows, Vim and command line copies

JohnBeckett
On Thursday, December 20, 2018 at 2:06:22 PM UTC+11, Kennedy, Marcus A. wrote:
> copy and paste directly out of the vim command line

I don't think you can copy the text displayed by a command in GUI Vim.
This tip has information on :redir
https://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Capture_ex_command_output

A trick for options allows the value to be pasted into the current buffer or copied into the clipboard register:

    :put =&guifont
    :let @+ = &guifont

> btw, please delete the account ...

The account you mentioned was listed as "bouncing" meaning that messages emailed to the address were being returned as undelivered. I removed the account from the mailing list.

John

RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: Windows, Vim and command line copies

Kennedy, Marcus A.

> > copy and paste directly out of the vim command line
>
> I don't think you can copy the text displayed by a command in GUI Vim.
> This tip has information on :redir
> https://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Capture_ex_command_output
>
> A trick for options allows the value to be pasted into the current buffer or copied into the clipboard register:
>
>     :put =&guifont
>     :let @+ = &guifont

Cool trick. Obviously I don't have the correct search words for that one, as I didn't find
anything like that.

Thanks for that!

> > btw, please delete the account ...
>
> The account you mentioned was listed as "bouncing" meaning that messages emailed to
> the address were being returned as undelivered. I removed the account from the
> mailing list.

Thanks.  Yeah, if I had left on my own terms (which I was in process ANYWAY), I would have
removed all of my e-mail groups...

Andy