Wrong colors with tmux

Gautier DI FOLCO
Hi all,

I wanted to test tmux with vim 7.3.682, zsh 5.0.0, tmux 1.6 and konsole, but I have some troubles :
 - all my code inside vim is bold
 - the background of my vim cursor isn't printed
I tried to set the tmux default-terminal to (xterm|screen)(-256color)? but it change nothing.
Have you got some hints ?

For your help,
Thanks by advance.

Re: Wrong colors with tmux

Alexandre Provencio
My guess is that you should check vim and terminal's colorschemes.  On
the terminal side, I use urxvt so i set that on .Xresources, and for
vim, try using something that's known that works for this case, such as
the solarized colorscheme.

-Alexandre

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 7:32 AM, Gautier DI FOLCO
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I wanted to test tmux with vim 7.3.682, zsh 5.0.0, tmux 1.6 and konsole, but
> I have some troubles :
>  - all my code inside vim is bold
>  - the background of my vim cursor isn't printed
> I tried to set the tmux default-terminal to (xterm|screen)(-256color)? but
> it change nothing.
> Have you got some hints ?
>
> For your help,
> Thanks by advance.

Re: Wrong colors with tmux

Gautier DI FOLCO
2012/12/10 Alexandre Provencio <[hidden email]>
My guess is that you should check vim and terminal's colorschemes.  On
the terminal side, I use urxvt so i set that on .Xresources, and for
vim, try using something that's known that works for this case, such as
the solarized colorscheme.

-Alexandre

Thanks for your answer,

I tried with solarized, I have a problem too.
Is there a standard .Xressource to have good colors ?

For your help,
Thanks by advance.

Re: Wrong colors with tmux

bilibop project

Re: Wrong colors with tmux

Gautier DI FOLCO
2012/12/11 bilibop project <[hidden email]>
I had a similar problem with xfce4-terminal > bash > tmux
Maybe this solution can work for you:
1. keep default-terminal to "screen" (accordingly to the tmux manpage)
and
2. set -g terminal-overrides "xterm*:colors=256" in tmux.conf, assuming
that in Konsole (without tmux) echo $TERM returns xterm or xterm-something.

But if your problem is vim-only related, you sould begin with
:set t_Co?
:set t_Co=256
or why not (it's a very good tip):
:help xterm-color

Cheers,
quidame

Thanks for all, it was a tmux.conf issue,
It works well.