Wrong permissions on undo file for Windows x64 v8.0.1655

Wrong permissions on undo file for Windows x64 v8.0.1655

Ritmo2k
Seems the permissions are wrong and mapped to unknown sids in this release. I am not even sure what repo this should filed against?

Re: Wrong permissions on undo file for Windows x64 v8.0.1655

Bram Moolenaar

Joseph Casale wrote:

> Seems the permissions are wrong and mapped to unknown sids in this
> release. I am not even sure what repo this should filed against?

You will have to give more information, I have no idea what you are
talking about.

--
From "know your smileys":
 :-F Bucktoothed vampire with one tooth missing

On Tuesday, April 3, 2018 at 4:50:40 AM UTC-6, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
> You will have to give more information, I have no idea what you are
> talking about.

Hi Bram,
I have narrowed this down a bit, when editing a file on a Samba share
mapped to a Windows drive such as s:\foo, the resulting permissions of
s:\foo are changed with an extended ACL, and the undo file is written
with an invalid ACL where the unix user and group ID are mapped to invalid
SIDs such as S-1-22-1-990 and S-1-22-2-988 respectively.

Editing a local file does not trigger the behavior.

If I can provide any additional details, just let me know.

Thanks,
jlc

Joseph Casale wrote:

> On Tuesday, April 3, 2018 at 4:50:40 AM UTC-6, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
> > You will have to give more information, I have no idea what you are
> > talking about.
>
> Hi Bram,
> I have narrowed this down a bit, when editing a file on a Samba share
> mapped to a Windows drive such as s:\foo, the resulting permissions of
> s:\foo are changed with an extended ACL, and the undo file is written
> with an invalid ACL where the unix user and group ID are mapped to invalid
> SIDs such as S-1-22-1-990 and S-1-22-2-988 respectively.
>
> Editing a local file does not trigger the behavior.
>
> If I can provide any additional details, just let me know.

Hmm, is this really a problem caused by Vim?  Normally ACLs are not
used, only user ID and group ID are set with permission flags.
Perhaps the Samba config needs to be adjusted?

97. Your mother tells you to remember something, and you look for
    a File/Save command.

On Wednesday, April 4, 2018 at 2:40:54 PM UTC-6, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
> > SIDs such as S-1-22-1-990 and S-1-22-2-988 respectively.
> >
> > Editing a local file does not trigger the behavior.
> >
> > If I can provide any additional details, just let me know.
>
> Hmm, is this really a problem caused by Vim?  Normally ACLs are not
> used, only user ID and group ID are set with permission flags.
> Perhaps the Samba config needs to be adjusted?

How do you propose the configuration of a remote server exposing a
share influences how a local application writes a local copy of a file
it creates?

The resulting SIDs on the local undo file don't look coincidental.