Yank doesn't work

Anders Schau Knatten
Hi,

Yanking by pressing "yy", "yl" etc. does not work. When I press "p", it pastes whatever was previously copied by Command+C instead.

If I do ddup instead of yyp, it works as intended.

In the command line vim, yanking works as intended.

Here's the output of :version:
:version
VIM - Vi IMproved 7.4 (2013 Aug 10, compiled Oct 25 2013 20:05:26)
MacOS X (unix) version
Included patches: 1-52

Thanks,
Anders Schau Knatten

Re: Yank doesn't work

Dan Lowe

On Mar 24, 2014, at 5:03 AM, Anders Schau Knatten <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yanking by pressing "yy", "yl" etc. does not work. When I press "p", it pastes whatever was previously copied by Command+C instead.
>
> If I do ddup instead of yyp, it works as intended.
>
> In the command line vim, yanking works as intended.

It sounds like you have "p" mapped to a non-default action.  What do you get back from ":map p" ?

Dan

Re: Yank doesn't work

Björn Winckler
On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 10:03 AM, Anders Schau Knatten wrote:

> Yanking by pressing "yy", "yl" etc. does not work. When I press "p", it pastes whatever was previously copied by Command+C instead.
>
> If I do ddup instead of yyp, it works as intended.

Sounds like an option or plugin problem.  Try going through

https://github.com/b4winckler/macvim/wiki/Troubleshooting

Björn

Re: Yank doesn't work

fellipecastro
Hey mate,

I've been through the same issue.

Adding the following line into my ~/.vimrc worked pretty well.

set clipboard=unnamed

Cheers,