an independent Chinese IME is available

1234

vimim [Re: an independent Chinese IM is available]

Sean-130

> > Does it (or will it) support wildcard?
> >> eg, ap?e will match ape,applebut not apply as key.

Yes, it is supported now:
http://maxiangjiang.googlepages.com/vimim_wildcard.gif

The latest version also starts to support fuzzy search:
http://maxiangjiang.googlepages.com/vimim_fuzzy.gif

Sean

Re: vimim [Re: an independent Chinese IM is available]

bill lam
On Mon, 19 Jan 2009, Sean wrote:
> > > Does it (or will it) support wildcard?
>
> Yes, it is supported now:
> http://maxiangjiang.googlepages.com/vimim_wildcard.gif

Oh, thanks. It is a very nice feature.

I'm not sure if it supports another feature on numerals in keys. eg in
pinyin input, they are 4 tones
fu1
fu2
fu3
fu4

When I type 'fu' it display a screenful of selection, but if I
continue to type 2 (intended to input fu2), will it be mistaken for
choosing the second entry in the popup box?

I usually display choices as 5 6 7... and reserve 1 2 3 4 for tone.

--
regards,
GPG key 1024D/4434BAB3 2008-08-24

Re: vimim [Re: an independent Chinese IM is available]

Tony Mechelynck

On 20/01/09 04:15, bill lam wrote:

>> Yes, it is supported now:
>> http://maxiangjiang.googlepages.com/vimim_wildcard.gif
>
> Oh, thanks. It is a very nice feature.
>
> I'm not sure if it supports another feature on numerals in keys. eg in
> pinyin input, they are 4 tones
> fu1
> fu2
> fu3
> fu4
>
> When I type 'fu' it display a screenful of selection, but if I
> continue to type 2 (intended to input fu2), will it be mistaken for
> choosing the second entry in the popup box?
>
> I usually display choices as 5 6 7... and reserve 1 2 3 4 for tone.

If that's a problem (and 1 2 3 4 are used for the first 4 results), you
could decide to represent the tones respectively by postfixed - / ~ \
instead -- or go whole hog and use marked vowels, ā á ǎ à and the like,
which can be entered by means of digraphs (using - ' < ! as the second
element of the digraph) if your keyboard hasn't got them built-in.

Religion has done love a great service by making it a sin.
                -- Anatole France

Re: vimim [Re: an independent Chinese IM is available]

Sean-130

To avoid too many selections from short word (one char or two chars),
I took a special design:

(1) For one-char word, no more search:
    For example: in your data file,

a xxx
a xyz
a whatever_your_multibyte

    You always have 3 choices when you type a<C-^>. (No more search
for "ab", "ac", etc)

(2) For two-char word, it is the same as above if there is a match.
Thus, "fu" in your example only search all matches for "fu" and stops
there. (No search for "fu3" for example). The label is always used for
selection and navigation.

(2.1) New feature: fuzzy search is being supported. Thus if there is
no match for two-char word, fuzzy search will be started. Thus "zg"
way bring up "zhongguo" if existing in the datafile.

(3) Feel free to use "fu1", "fu2", "fu3", "fu4" if existing in your
data file.

Please take a look at the pictures at:
http://maxiangjiang.googlepages.com/vimim.html

On Jan 19, 7:15 pm, bill lam <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > Yes, it is supported now:
> >http://maxiangjiang.googlepages.com/vimim_wildcard.gif
>
> Oh, thanks. It is a very nice feature.
>
> I'm not sure if it supports another feature on numerals in keys. eg in
> pinyin input, they are 4 tones
> fu1
> fu2
> fu3
> fu4
>
> When I type 'fu' it display a screenful of selection, but if I
> continue to type 2 (intended to input fu2), will it be mistaken for
> choosing the second entry in the popup box?
>
> I usually display choices as 5 6 7... and reserve 1 2 3 4 for tone.
>
> --
> regards,

Re: vimim [Re: an independent Chinese IM is available]

Sean-130

On Jan 19, 7:27 pm, Tony Mechelynck <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> >> Yes, it is supported now:
> >>http://maxiangjiang.googlepages.com/vimim_wildcard.gif
>
> > Oh, thanks. It is a very nicefeature.
>
> >I'mnotsureifitsupportsanotherfeatureonnumeralsinkeys. eg in
> > pinyin input, they are 4 tones
> > fu1
> > fu2
> > fu3
> > fu4
>
> > When I type 'fu' it display a screenful of selection, butifI
> > continue to type 2 (intended to input fu2), will it be mistaken for
> > choosing the second entry in the popup box?
>
> > I usually display choices as 5 6 7... and reserve 1 2 3 4 for tone.
>
> Ifthat's a problem (and 1 2 3 4 are used for the first 4 results), you
> could decide to represent the tones respectively by postfixed - / ~ \
> instead -- or go whole hog and use marked vowels, ā á ǎ à and the like,
> which can be entered by means of digraphs (using - ' < ! as the second
> element of the digraph)ifyour keyboard hasn't got them built-in.
>
> Best regards,
> Tony.
> --
> Religion has done love a great service by making it a sin.
>                 -- Anatole France

Actually, what Tony offered is an ideal result. However, the majority
users may not want to learn anything new. :))

I came out with a comprise result: to reserve number 1,2,3,4 for
pinyin ton, and leave the rest of number as selection.

The result is shown on http://maxiangjiang.googlepages.com/vimim_pinyin_tone.gif.

The plugin can be downloaded from  http://maxiangjiang.googlepages.com/vimim.vim

On Thu, 05 Feb 2009, Sean wrote:
> I came out with a comprise result: to reserve number 1,2,3,4 for
> pinyin ton, and leave the rest of number as selection.

I can see it is hardcoded to use 4 numbers only, Can it be set to be
user configurable from any number from 1 to 9?  Yes, 9. There are 9
tones in cantonese.

--
regards,
GPG key 1024D/4434BAB3 2008-08-24
唐詩312 王維  渭城曲
    渭城朝雨浥輕塵  客舍青青柳色新  勸君更盡一杯酒  西出陽關無故人

On Feb 5, 6:11 pm, bill lam <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Thu, 05 Feb 2009, Sean wrote:
> > I came out with a comprise result: to reserve number 1,2,3,4 for
> > pinyin ton, and leave the rest of number as selection.
>
> I can see it is hardcoded to use 4 numbers only, Can it be set to be
> user configurable from any number from 1 to 9?  Yes, 9. There are 9
> tones in cantonese.

Wow. There are 9 tones out there? No wonder everyone laughs at me when
I tried to speak Cantonese. :)

Here you go: you can try this global option:
let g:vimim_enable_pinyin_tone_input=9

Re: vimim [Re: an independent Chinese IM is available]

On 06/02/09 00:05, Sean wrote:
[...]
> Actually, what Tony offered is an ideal result. However, the majority
> users may not want to learn anything new. :))
[...]

If you (well, not _you_ of course) don't want to learn anything new,
don't use Vim but stay with good^H^H^H^Hbad old Notepad.

According to Kentucky state law, every person must take a bath at least
once a year.

Re: vimim [Re: an independent Chinese IM is available]

On 06/02/09 04:34, Sean wrote:
[...]
> Wow. There are 9 tones out there? No wonder everyone laughs at me when
> I tried to speak Cantonese. :)
[...]

IIUC, depending whom you ask, how you count them, and how you romanize
the language, there may be 6, 8 or 9 tones in Cantonese: see among
others http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cantonese

If the code and the comments disagree, then both are probably wrong.
                -- Norm Schryer

On Fri, 06 Feb 2009, Tony Mechelynck wrote:

> On 06/02/09 04:34, Sean wrote:
> [...]
> > Wow. There are 9 tones out there? No wonder everyone laughs at me when
> > I tried to speak Cantonese. :)
> [...]
>
> IIUC, depending whom you ask, how you count them, and how you romanize
> the language, there may be 6, 8 or 9 tones in Cantonese: see among
> others http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cantonese

IIUC, there are 9 tones.  However, for romanization or ime purpose.
the last three tones are always associate with romanization ended with
p t k (入聲), so that for they can be mixed with the first 6 tones
without causing ambiguity: 7->1, 8->3, 9->6.  Hypothetically If
mandarin also encode the 4th tone using a trailing letter, there will
be only 3 tones in mandarin and obviously that will not be correct.
Not sure about 8 tones.

--
regards,
GPG key 1024D/4434BAB3 2008-08-24