[backspace key functionality]

Maxim Abalenkov
Dear all,

I hope all is well with you. I need help with the Backspace key please. Some time ago I noticed it has stopped working in vim. When I press Backspace vim (or the terminal emulator) produces the error sound, but no action of erasing a character before the cursor. Would you please help me to debug the problem and reinstate the original Backspace functionality? Thank you and have a good day ahead!

I use the following vim version installed onto a macOS via the MacPorts:

  VIM - Vi IMproved 8.1 (2018 May 18, compiled Dec 29 2019 08:37:22)
  macOS version
  Included patches: 1-2234
  Compiled by MacPorts

ā€”