blinking cursor in search/replace mode

LGentis
Hi to all,

I use gvim, and cursor is by default a full black blinking rectangle in normal mode, and a blinking line in insert mode, which is OK for me.

But when I do "Edit" - "Search" or Edit" - "Replace", cursor becomes an empty rectangle, not blinking. And it is sometimes hard to find it in a big page with many lines.

Is it possible to make it blink in search/replace mode ?

I tried without success this command :
set gcr=a:block-Cursor-blinkwait175-blinkoff150-blinkon175

Re: blinking cursor in search/replace mode

LGentis
Le jeudi 17 août 2017 19:19:21 UTC+2, LGentis a écrit :

> Hi to all,
>
> I use gvim, and cursor is by default a full black blinking rectangle in normal mode, and a blinking line in insert mode, which is OK for me.
>
> But when I do "Edit" - "Search" or Edit" - "Replace", cursor becomes an empty rectangle, not blinking. And it is sometimes hard to find it in a big page with many lines.
>
> Is it possible to make it blink in search/replace mode ?
>
> I tried without success this command :
> set gcr=a:block-Cursor-blinkwait175-blinkoff150-blinkon175
In fact, it seems that everytime a dialogbox gets opened (like Search/Replace), cursor stops blinking ; is there a reason for that ?
Is it possible to make it blink anyway ?

Re: blinking cursor in search/replace mode

Bram Moolenaar

> Le jeudi 17 août 2017 19:19:21 UTC+2, LGentis a écrit :
> > Hi to all,
> >
> > I use gvim, and cursor is by default a full black blinking rectangle in normal mode, and a blinking line in insert mode, which is OK for me.
> >
> > But when I do "Edit" - "Search" or Edit" - "Replace", cursor becomes an empty rectangle, not blinking. And it is sometimes hard to find it in a big page with many lines.
> >
> > Is it possible to make it blink in search/replace mode ?
> >
> > I tried without success this command :
> > set gcr=a:block-Cursor-blinkwait175-blinkoff150-blinkon175
>
> In fact, it seems that everytime a dialogbox gets opened (like Search/Replace), cursor stops blinking ; is there a reason for that ?
> Is it possible to make it blink anyway ?

This means the gvim window loses focus.  What GUI is this?

--
If your nose runs, and your feet smell, you might be upside down.

Re: ***SPAM*** Re: blinking cursor in search/replace mode

LGentis
vim-gnome or vim-gtk : same behavior

Le mercredi 6 septembre 2017 10:31:42 UTC+2, LGentis a écrit :

> vim-gnome or vim-gtk : same behavior

> >> In fact, it seems that everytime a dialogbox gets opened (like Search/Replace), cursor stops blinking ; is there a reason for that ?
> >> Is it possible to make it blink anyway ?
> > This means the gvim window loses focus.  What GUI is this?

It is vim-gtk or vim-gnome with Ubuntu Linux distro 16.04